SCCA T4 / CUP Mx-5 cages in champ?

turbogrill

Look at the main hoop where let

It lands on the package tray and not the floor. Door bars attach to the plate. 

I don't like that and it isn't because I know the owner off the company. Rule say too the floor not package tray.

Roof bars are ok since roofs are nor used for this cage ore at least in the MX5 series.

Edited by cagedruss

2 hours ago, cagedruss said:

I don't like that and it isn't because I know the owner off the company. Rule say too the floor not package tray.

Roof bars are ok since roofs are nor used for this cage ore at least in the MX5 series.

Hmm..you right. That is strange if that package tray is just a piece of metal and not some sturdy part of the frame.

Or is it directly connected to the frame under those points maybe?

15 hours ago, enginerd said:

Price is high. Contact Jim at Roll Cage Components... they sold us an e30 cage kit in 2014 for about $700 shipped and it was a fantastic kit. They used to be a series sponsor, I assume they have a miata kit.

+1 I bought my e30 kit from RCC. With all available options (both doors Nascar style, footbars, x-bracing of rear down tubes,) it was 997 delivered. that said, it does require a fair amount of tweaking on install. if you don't have a solid hook-up, or are comfortable doing what are basically safety-critical welds yourself, the labor to get it in is non-trivial. 

@turbogrill the guy you want to use locally that is really good and not crazy expensive is offline a.t.m. and i believe his waiting list is like 6-9 months out. i couldn't get on his sched when i needed mine put in and ended up using WRR. Not sure how you get a really trustworthy cage done for less than 5-6K in our area unless you can weld at a high enough quality level or have someone on your team that can.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, atxe30 said:

+1 I bought my e30 kit from RCC. With all available options (both doors Nascar style, footbars, x-bracing of rear down tubes,) it was 997 delivered. that said, it does require a fair amount of tweaking on install. if you don't have a solid hook-up, or are comfortable doing what are basically safety-critical welds yourself, the labor to get it in is non-trivial. 

@turbogrill the guy you want to use locally that is really good and not crazy expensive is offline a.t.m. and i believe his waiting list is like 6-9 months out. i couldn't get on his sched when i needed mine put in and ended up using WRR. Not sure how you get a really trustworthy cage done for less than 5-6K in our area unless you can weld at a high enough quality level or have someone on your team that can.

Looking into buying a car that I think had this cage. 

23 hours ago, cagedruss said:

that portion of the package tray is very strong since its topless.  Many 2-seaters are in a similar boat, and my NA miata caged car has the bars to the tray as its one of the ways for normal sized people to actually fit in a miata as it buys you rear space.  I have had this approved by Champ Car tech as well.  In fact, you can search for my Cage legallity question thread in the tech section of this forum.

1 hour ago, Alchemy Autosport said:

that portion of the package tray is very strong since its topless.  Many 2-seaters are in a similar boat, and my NA miata caged car has the bars to the tray as its one of the ways for normal sized people to actually fit in a miata as it buys you rear space.  I have had this approved by Champ Car tech as well.  In fact, you can search for my Cage legallity question thread in the tech section of this forum.

Thanks!

Then it's just the issue with the door bars.

• 1 month later...