This was my first Champ race. Have had a comp lic. for nearly 30 years and have raced SCCA club to Rolex GT. I went into this weekend with some deep concerns about driving W2W with some drivers that had maybe never turned a wheel on track before. I'm very happy to say that my fears were unwarranted and the level of driving was for the most part terrific. There were guys that were very obviously just getting there feet wet but they knew it, and they were very heads up and on the ball. Of coarse there were a few that thought that the race was being live streamed to the Ferrari garage in Monaco but there is a certain amount of that to be expected... We started at the back both days and I had a ball racing through the pack to a top 10 both days. I was in the #601 black and white Boxster with R3Racing. Thanks to the team and my co-drivers and all of you for a great time. Most of all thanks to Champcar for Making it happen. I'll be back for sure!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear this.  Always good to see more people I know from Rochester in the mix.    Are you running any more races this year?   We are at Indy next.

I'd like to but schedule with SCCA, SRO and MX5 Cup don't leave me a lot of free time. My shop is in Webster, feel free to stop in and shoot the sh*t.

• Like 1

@Round3Racing @John Weisberg... I remembered seeing the white/black car get squeezed entering T11 just ahead of me on Sunday about 2.5 hrs in, and I just found video of it from our live stream :)  I had a great time swapping positions w/ the Boxster a few times!

Edited by whitney
  • Like 2