Drink tube placement

thewheelerZ

Anyone want to share how where they hook up their drink tube for the driver to have quick consistent access to grab it and thats easy to change during a pit stop?

We use a piece of velcro on the roof and some also wrapped on the tube.  Actually works pretty well up until the point that it doesnt.  Once it gets knocked off its gone, never to be found by that driver again!  

What kind of simple obvious great ideas am I missing that someone can point me towards?

1 hour ago, SonsOfIrony said:

🤔

You don't all just share one big drink bottle?  Huh ....

Something about butts....  something about shared toothbrush....   

Ah, Sadie is funny!

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, LuckyKid said:

I personally like to weave from left to right on the track as a miss my brake zone while craning my neck and flail my arm until I find the right tube.  So far its worked well for us.

That's basically what I do.  I snake my tube through the seatbelts then have to figure out how to get it in my mouth.  Thinking about drilling a hole and having it just attached to my helmet loosely.

7 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

That's basically what I do.  I snake my tube through the seatbelts then have to figure out how to get it in my mouth.  Thinking about drilling a hole and having it just attached to my helmet loosely.

My helmet had a nice hole for a drink tube pre fitted to it.  I never used it before, but when my new one shows up I'm going to try pitting a permanent tube to it.  Zip tie to keep the bite valve on, and another on the outside to limit how far I can push it into the helmet.  Wouldn't want to accidentally deepthroat myself on track, I've already exceeded my number of accidents for quite a while.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1