WGI Fast Lap and Race Video

Data and video from Misha's 2:13.864 lap at the end of Sunday in the GWR #991 E30 BMW 325is.  Will post the in-car from our race win on Saturday once it's uploaded.

686372148_fastlapaim.thumb.JPG.75a267de8554f4e90bbfc28494474dcd.JPG

Special thanks to Shutup Racing and Bulldog Racing for loaning us a wheel bearing and a trailing arm, we could never have got back on track Sunday and set this lap without them. 

Our chassis and cage originally came from The Little Speed Shop, so this is a bit of a home race for the car.  Thank you to Kevin at TLSS for allowing us to take over your project and race it!   Also thanks to ChrissyCheeseCake (cheesecake makes you faster) and SSSquid Tuning for the support they've given us over the years, ChampCar Endurance Series for putting on a great event, WGI for hosting us, Sahlens for more hot dogs than we could eat, and the other teams who came with kind words, great racing, and just to hang out and have a good time. 

Can't wait to do this again next year :)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Hi_Im_Will said:

Data and video from Misha's 2:13.864 lap at the end of Sunday in the GWR #991 E30 BMW 325is.  Will post the in-car from our race win on Saturday once it's uploaded.

686372148_fastlapaim.thumb.JPG.75a267de8554f4e90bbfc28494474dcd.JPG

Special thanks to Shutup Racing and Bulldog Racing for loaning us a wheel bearing and a trailing arm, we could never have got back on track Sunday and set this lap without them. 

Our chassis and cage originally came from The Little Speed Shop, so this is a bit of a home race for the car.  Thank you to Kevin at TLSS for allowing us to take over your project and race it!   Also thanks to ChrissyCheeseCake (cheesecake makes you faster) and SSSquid Tuning for the support they've given us over the years, ChampCar Endurance Series for putting on a great event, WGI for hosting us, Sahlens for more hot dogs than we could eat, and the other teams who came with kind words, great racing, and just to hang out and have a good time. 

Can't wait to do this again next year :)

That was exhilarating to watch, the edge of disaster but not over.  woooooo! 

• Like 1

• Technical Advisory Committee

Congratulations @Hi_Im_Will and the entire GWR team.

Thanks for representing the Midwest area with such great performance, class and dignity.

Thanks or always sharing your team's technical expertise too.

Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

Congrats Will, you deserved it.  I wanted to race Misha again during the first stint Sunday morning, but old Bio 1 is not the same car it was a year ago so I (wisely, I suppose) let him go.  It made me sad.  

58 minutes ago, Jer said:

Congrats Will, you deserved it.  I wanted to race Misha again during the first stint Sunday morning, but old Bio 1 is not the same car it was a year ago so I (wisely, I suppose) let him go.  It made me sad.  

Thanks Jer.  What happened to Bio?  Was not nearly as close of a race as we were hoping for, seems like there were problems all weekend?

43 minutes ago, Hi_Im_Will said:

Thanks Jer.  What happened to Bio?  Was not nearly as close of a race as we were hoping for, seems like there were problems all weekend?

Bio 1 was totaled at AMP from an errant Porsche crashing into it. If you saw the photos you'd be shocked it's still running at all.   Frankly, and I've told Troy this, the car should be retired.  But he got it ready to race and I was able to turn a 2:16.3 in it.  It's far from straight, frame damage, it three wheels it down the straights, the motor is tired and aero way off.  Troy says he's going to keep running it.  We had some hoopty repairs on it for Sunday morning to keep the splitter on the car, but the problems run a lot deeper than a splitter support issue. 

Bio 2 is beautiful but needs a lot of development to be competitive.  I didn't get to drive it so I'm not sure of its potential.  

Edited by Jer

2 hours ago, enginerd said:

Impressive lap, thanks for sharing. 

You will never catch me going out to set a fast lap, inches from the wall, with no chance of winning, but it’s fun watching you guys do it!

When your race is over, but the car is still fast, what else is there to do?  Still had an opportunity to win some bragging rights, so we went for it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hi_Im_Will said:

When your race is over, but the car is still fast, what else is there to do?  Still had an opportunity to win some bragging rights, so we went for it.

Well MIsha can handle it too.  A lesser driver would have failed spectacularly in that situation.  :)

23 hours ago, Jer said:

Well MIsha can handle it too.  A lesser driver would have failed spectacularly in that situation.  :)

2 years ago i am not sure you would be saying the same thing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jamie said:

yeah.  even the best can make a mistake.  I have it on good authority that Misha will do what the owner wants.  Tell him to take a little off and save the car, and he will.  Take the chains off completely and you get the video.  

On 5/29/2019 at 4:21 PM, Jamie said:

You're insinuating that the GWR crash in 2017 was somehow Misha overdriving the car?  Watch it again, he wasn't going for FTD ... him and I were dicing for the lead between friends. The Civic needs instruction and/or glasses. 

^^^^^

Playing Devil's advocate here; how can you put the blame on the Civic when he clearly stayed on the right side of the track, possibly realizing he was slower than other cars the whole race long. The Bimmer could have lifted at any point entering the final corner knowing there was a ton of clear race track ahead. To me, it looks like the Bimmer put himself in a tenuous position.

• Like 2