Miata Fuel Cell

LuckyKid

5 minutes ago, LuckyKid said:

Did it significantly change your handling?

Well thats a little hard to say, we have always had a cell in the back.  I think we probably ended up with a little different set up than we would have other wise because of it.  We got rid of the rear sway bar at our 1st race 5 years ago and have never looked back.    I'm speculating that changing the weight dist back a little is part of that.  We also moved the tank and fuel weight lower than stock so its a trade off there as well.  The car is very neutral and predictable and really doesn't change with fuel load from beginning to end of a stint.  

• Technical Advisory Committee

I have installed my cell in the stock location though I know it raises the c.o.g I felt it was safer there . I also felt having it on top and forward of the axle would not affect the handling as much as having it behind . The stock tank is 60% above the axles anyway . 16 gallons with internal surge and dispersing blocks to be legal . 

1 minute ago, Ray Franck said:

I have installed my cell in the stock location though I know it raises the c.o.g I felt it was safer there . I also felt having it on top and forward of the axle would not affect the handling as much as having it behind . The stock tank is 60% above the axles anyway . 16 gallons with internal surge and dispersing blocks to be legal . 

Do you mind sending me pics?