Sign in to follow this  
mostmint

2019 Nelson Ledges UNOffical

Mostmint Racing put down our deposit today.  As long as the racing gods at Indy cooperate we will be at Nelson to defend our P3 from 2018.

It's a little more than three months off now - time to start thinking about it! 

I'd say I was a little disappointed when this year's schedule came out, and we were not racing on or near the solstice, a traditional 24hr date here in Ohio, but we've had one of the wettest springs in recent memory.  I was at the track in mid May and it was a little squishy in the paddock, and it has barely stopped raining since. Let's hope early Sept. is drier.  :)

Unfortunately we will not be making it this year due to my wife being pregnant and her due date being October. We have baby classes starting which is effecting my ability to go. I might sneak away and come for a little bit though. 

• Like 2

We will not be attending either.  Great track.  I hate 24s.  Also, just moved to south carolina.

I do plan to send the "trophy" that was given to us by a local.  It should go to the winner every year and get signed by the team in some way with the year.

Edited by wvumtnbkr

We have not entered yet, and neither has another team also from the Syracuse, NY area serious about going.  We ended up P2 of the 45+ starters, and we want to go.  BUT we only get to do three or, at most, four events a year and we need more than 25 entrants for the time, money and effort to be worth it.  Where is everybody?  With Nelson repaved, the track is good.  And the kink at night is unlike other racing challenges.  Do folks have Indianapolisitis?  Will entries for Nelson grow after the Indy race and folks see that they still have a car to race?  We love 24s because of the extra challenge they represent, and, frankly, they favor our small-motor car.

We can't commit when there are currently six registered entries.  Certainly we'll check again on July 9.  We do have the money in hand to register.

I think last year with the return of ChampCar to Nelson there was a lot more early interest.  I expect more to sign up at the deadline, and probably more after Indy and VIR.  Doing Indy and Nelson this year I can say it is extra work coordinating the second before the first is done. 

If last year's P1 and P2 are not attending that gives us a chance to move up from P3 lol. 

After Indy you will see a lot of focus on this race from teams. 

If anybody needs a driver, I might be able to be persuaded.  Maybe.  I do love that track!

17 registered ahead of the discount deadline.  Expecting more after Indy and VIR 

The Pineapple upside-down guy will be there!!

Hopefully with All Roads Racing.

Plan to do a Potluck as well.

• Like 1