Passing under yello

Mikey

Had a tough day, blew trans on Saturday, replaced and ran well on sunday till rear end let go with 55 min to go. We ran neon orange miata 266. To my fellow competitors who feel they have to pass under yellow, I ask, why? We’re all trying to do our best, it’s hard enough without being passed under caution. Happened several times. Car 306 passed myself and two other cars, and never gave the spots back. Other than that, had a blast. Racing was clean and respectful. Can’t wait to get back there!!

• Technical Advisory Committee
On 5/29/2019 at 2:11 PM, Mikey said:

Had a tough day, blew trans on Saturday, replaced and ran well on sunday till rear end let go with 55 min to go. We ran neon orange miata 266. To my fellow competitors who feel they have to pass under yellow, I ask, why? We’re all trying to do our best, it’s hard enough without being passed under caution. Happened several times. Car 306 passed myself and two other cars, and never gave the spots back. Other than that, had a blast. Racing was clean and respectful. Can’t wait to get back there!!

Hey Mikey take this advice if someone passes you under caution let the corner workers handle them ,if they wave you back by NEVER yes never take it back because then you have passed under caution . If your luck is like mine the next corner worker is going to see you and call YOU in 100 % of the time . Never pass or pass back under caution doesn't matter if your right you are penalize because you were seen PUY .  Took me a long time to conform but I will not pass on a wave buy  ..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I heard BMWs come from the factory with a special windshield tint that prevents the driver from seeing the color yellow.  Supposed to reduce eye strain or something. 

Edited by Logdog
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Logdog said:

I heard BMWs come from the factory with a special windshield tint that prevents the driver from seeing the color yellow.  Supposed to reduce eye strain or something. 

I might buy into that theory were it not for the fact that I was passed by several cars under yellow, most of which were not BMWs.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Ya, that scenario happened to me in Thompson Ct. Competitor waved me by, and I got black flagged. I guess it’s just part of racing in champcar. Not sure how to change it. 🤷🏼‍♂️Thanks for the reply and advice. 

It happens in All series, not ChampCar specific.

• Thanks 1