Sign in to follow this  
Bill Strong

ChampCar Endurance Series Rulebook Update - BCCR updated to 2019v1.0.5

The ChampCar Endurance Series Basic Club & Competition Rules have been revised on June 6, 2019. The ChampCar Board of Directors voted for the requirement of a roll cage dash bar as part of the minimum cage requirements starting January 1, 2021. This gives you one and a half seasons to sort out your cage if you are currently not using the dash bar.
The new rule reads as follows:

3.2.9. Dash bars (labeled “5”) are not required but very strongly
encouraged. A dash bar will be mandatory as of 1/1/2021.

You can Download the revised BCCR at
https://champcar.org/mainweb/pdf/2019ChampCarBCCR.pdf

Love us requiring a dash bar, Buuuut:
Killing.
Me.

Just finished my very perfectly fit A-Bars the flow the whole body line and ride up right against the factory full length dash bar (took two days).  I was going to tie them in via brackets to the A-Bars.  Installing a stand-alone dash bar isn't really do-able without building custom brackets for the steering column, Cluster (required for factory ECU), harness (main fuse box mounts to it), etc. 

Are there more specific definitions on where it fits, how it's tied in, etc?

Edited by Scott

Thanks Bill,

I'll be sure to get photos over to Tech with any specific questions.  Glad to see us continually improving safety.

• Like 2

@Scott, we incorporated the factory Dash bar into the original build, when the car was totaled  three years later, that factory bar crumbled like papier-mâché ,  nowhere near the strength of the cage. 

Good to Know - I'm already thinking about how to leave the factory bar and incorporate a proper cage bar.

• Like 2