Sign in to follow this  
ahunt032

Where to Get Racing License

Morning everyone!  Looking to start doing some racing outside of Champ Car (Specifically some sprint racing at Mont Tremblant). A valid racing license is required. I wanted to get people's recommendations on where to get this.  I am in Ottawa, Ontario Canada.  Tracks within 6 hours of me are Mosport, Shannonville, Calabogie, Watkins Glen, Le Circuit Mont Tremblant, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Limerock, Palmer. 

Thanks!

New England Region SCCA (NER.org) runs at Palmer, NHMS and Thompson (probably within your striking distance).  They host schools and do a thing called "Club racing experience" (CRE) where unlicensed folks can get some seat time and put it towards an SCCA license. 

SCCA schools are fun, but tend to be held in the spring so you might have missed this season, but if you can get in on a CRE day, those are held in conjunction with most NER sprint race weekends.

Most of the Canadian schools are in the spring as well. Seeing as you're in Ottawa, get in touch with the Ottawa Sports Car Club. They can point you

in the right direction. They're fairly heavily involved with Calabogie.

Talk to Perry Performance up in Montreal. Ask for Carl and let him know Tyler sent you. He should be able to point you in the right direction for Canada. 

I'm lead Closed Wheel instructor for Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs MCSCC, www.mcscc.org is the place you can look to for licensing schools. If you want a license, we have a short program that gets you a full competition license you can use in ChampCar (or the SCCA or NASA, or many vintage organizations) within 1 school and 2 races. 

• Like 1