Bill Strong

2019 Official Road America Winter Classic

On 10/17/2019 at 4:32 PM, Racer28173 said:

I predict a 2:44 from Riley.   

2:42.858 so far.

Edited by mender
  • Like 1

The race is almost over and wow look at that, 2006 Altima up by three laps, fast lap of the field except for a couple of Camaro's, the car carries plenty of fuel.  I guess @E. Tyler Pedersen will be all over raising it by at least 30 if not 50 points, you know, just to be fair.

• Haha 1

Great win for @Slugworks Paul and the Altima team. As tough as it is to win in this series, Paul and his teams have now done it in 2 very different cars. His turbo Eclipse swept Laguna Seca a few years ago IIRC. The Van Buren Boys/Kruse Racing drivers ALL ran good consistent laps all day.

Hope to see some of the cars that had issues today back on track tomorrow.

Edited by mcoppola
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ron_e said:

The race is almost over and wow look at that, 2006 Altima up by three laps, fast lap of the field except for a couple of Camaro's, the car carries plenty of fuel.  I guess @E. Tyler Pedersen will be all over raising it by at least 30 if not 50 points, you know, just to be fair.

You make me laugh on the weekends Ron. Thanks I really needed that right now. I don't even wish I had that kind of power in ChampCar. Maybe TAC will take a look at it and advise the board or hey if you think that car is too fast then member petitions are always accepted for review. 

Congrats to Paul on his win today. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hi_Im_Will said:

Good guess.  2:51.747

Screenshot_20191019-180230.png

LOL, I thought the same thing when I saw the 2:51.747 during the race.

Better luck tomorrow for GWR, RBank honda and JSK  I hope. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Any stories about rbank, jsk, and gwr?

RBank lost brakes. Fixed brakes. Lost clutch. JSK lost brakes. Not sure about GWR. 

4 hours ago, mcoppola said:

Congrats to  @scottyk, @Burningham and the whole JSK team for a great run today!

Great win guys!

@Racer28173 did you run with them this weekend?

I'll answer, he did, and he did a great job bringing it home.  Quite a finish with the R3R car chasing them down for the last stint.  Great weekend weather wise, and a lot of awesome racing on track.  From a Pit Marshall, thank you everyone for doing a great job with your stops and making our lives really easy! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Silverbeast said:

Race is over folks. Post up the goodies here....

What happened to you guys? Mechanical on Saturday, an off on Sunday? Was hoping your team would get a podium down there!

5 hours ago, mender said:

What happened to you guys? Mechanical on Saturday, an off on Sunday? Was hoping your team would get a podium down there!

Saturday Lap 5 the Honda Accord backed into the wall. Tie rod was obvious. Bent spindle was hard to find.  Not many laps Saturday. 

Sunday I was starting and had a hung throttle going into corner 1 lap one. That was a fun lap.  Fixed it. 

On my stint I raced back to 23rd with the help of the two full course cautions.  Pitted at 2 hours with that full course caution. 

We did get screwed by being held at Pit out on that though.   We served our 5 minute pit stop and should have been released not held at pit out.  Course is full course yellow and that determines the speed you go. 

2nd driver got up to 10th.  3rd driver was a little slower and went back to 14th.  4th driver held that spot. 

1 meatball flag for a bumper almost coming off too and 1 extra pitstop.

Car was soft on power I thought too.  Slightly damaged exhaust on Saturday probably robbed power. 

It's within reach though.