8.   Roto-Plooker Racing 37 1990 Mazda RX7
9.   The Flyin Hawaiians & 2 White Guys 82 1977 Datsun 280Z
10.   Thing 2 326 1976 DATSUN 280Z
11.   Uncommon Friends Racing 46 1978 Datsun 280Z
12.   USA Racing 891 1985 Nissan 300 ZX
13.   Wilwood 119 1999 Mazda Miata
14.   Zoom Zoom Kaboom 184 1994 Mazda Miata
15.   Zoom-Zoom...BOOM 114 1991 MAZDA Miata

breaking news from the spy cam. Open Sourced Autosport has finished there new build and plans to bring it to Utah and Autoclub 

image.thumb.png.c247d7238c5663db7f574547357d0d64.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jamie said:

breaking news from the spy cam. Open Sourced Autosport has finished there new build and plans to bring it to Utah and Autoclub 

image.thumb.png.c247d7238c5663db7f574547357d0d64.png

Yeah... not sure that's 'finished', but it looks well on its way. Assuming there's an engine and stuff inside....

Yes we are in and all signed up for Fontana.  After a good showing at a race at the Utah Motorsport complex last month our race budget took a bit of a hit. Although we haven’t touched the car since we will be ready in the old mustang for auto club.  Is this going to be the debut of a new car for alchemy Motorsports ?

Also about a month before the race myself and formula 33 team will be doing a track day to shake down the old v-8 gas guzzlers.

Im also hoping for a good car count for the race.  The past few west coast races have been less than stellar. 😕 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, chump5150 said:

Im also hoping for a good car count for the race.  The past few west coast races have been less than stellar. 😕  

4 CARS ALREADY!!!!!!! 

BAN EC THIS poop IS FILLING UP TOO FAST @Jer

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jamie said:

4 CARS ALREADY!!!!!!! 

BAN EC THIS poop IS FILLING UP TOO FAST @Jer

Sigh.  No one is banning EC.  

55 minutes ago, Jer said:

Sigh.  No one is banning EC.  

Yup, because we need more cars out here. -1000 laps, capping EC entries, making EC cars declare all their points will decrease the chances EC cars coming back/joining. I know the that isn't issue in the east (i race on both coast) but it will hurt the west which is just barely surviving. So many teams are like @chump5150 and looking at car counts thinking "should we even go to this?"  And other EC teams are looking and are like "Do we want to be treated like 2nd class racers and only race against 10 cars?" Willow Springs was an eye opener, Champcar can tell me 100 times that they are staying but I still fear that this is getting to be too much of a money loser for sane person to continue to pour money into. Even as a passionate evolved member I am wondering if should i keep racing here? Is this even racing? I raced for 4 hours in 2 different cars and had 0 battles. Meanwhile i am working with 5 local budget endurance racing teams from other series to try chump in EC. But now they are hearing that in addition to not competing for the win and only racing with 10 other cars, that they might start with -1000 laps! They can't seem to wrap their head around the logic and are not incentivized to come to Champ. The "its better racing then your fruit bases series" argument isn't valid out here, we only have 20 cars on a good race. And then they are like "my car can only turn a 1:55 with our best drive at Seca how can it be 670 points?" 

Edited by Jamie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2019 at 11:03 PM, Petrolholic racing said:

Yes we are in and all signed up for Fontana.  After a good showing at a race at the Utah Motorsport complex last month our race budget took a bit of a hit. Although we haven’t touched the car since we will be ready in the old mustang for auto club.  Is this going to be the debut of a new car for alchemy Motorsports ?

Also about a month before the race myself and formula 33 team will be doing a track day to shake down the old v-8 gas guzzlers.

Yes, it will likely be the debut race for the new car..  ;) 

• Like 1

Ive been waiting for @Bandit 82 to post a picture but i cannot help myself. He just finished the paint for the Flyin Hawaiians new chassis from @Voodoo Child. Its too pretty to race IMO. @Bill Strong maybe you can get an interview with these guys like you did with Whiskey Foxtrot Tango?

FlyinHawaiians.jpeg

• Like 6

Jamie!

You spoiled Rod's surprise!!  Our (former) car looks more beautiful than ever.  And it's lighter than our current car. And Rod is a better mechanic. The future looks a little more bleak now for the competition (and us) , but that thing is gonna look even more awesome in motion. It will be a privilege to try and stay in the draft! 

PS: Maybe it should go to SEMA!

• Like 2

On 8/22/2019 at 3:22 PM, Alchemy Autosport said:

image.png.78fe3f91eab94057a1313b7983b29e8f.png

Officially signed up.  Car still on stands and needs a fuel tank/cell and dyno and track shake down...

Hurry up.