Bill Strong

2019 Official Auto Club Speedway ROVAL 8+7-Hour

Anyone have a line on an engine for my whip? I'm supposed to know what it is but E36 2.5 liter is all I remember.

That's all we need to go.

• Like 1

Yea guess we aren't going because I booked a weekend at Paso Robles camping, golfing and drinking wine that weekend.

We are talking about Sonoma though. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Pee Wee said:

Yea guess we aren't going because I booked a weekend at Paso Robles camping, golfing and drinking wine that weekend.

We are talking about Sonoma though. 

Well we are going to Sonoma so you'll have as much of a chance as.... hmmm....anyone who doesn't break. :ph34r:

Sooo we are less than a month out from race day . 16 entries strong.   How’s all the cars coming along? All prepped?  Dyno runs and  Wind tunnel tests complete? Our teams is pretty much ready To go green.  We also been busy helping  a fellow champ team out with a motor and trans install to help them make the race.   When’s everyone arriving Friday ? 

• Like 2

Thanks for helping a fellow Champer! Pretty sure Uncommon Friends, Flyin' Hawaiians, Wilwood, and us will be 'ready'. Well... as ready as we'll ever be. Wind tunnel testing is always iffy ya know. @Alchemy Autosport - you guys gonna make it? I'm going to check with Arsenic Racing. I'm supposed to meet the newest team member.... so I *think* they'll make it. 

On 10/11/2019 at 3:18 PM, FlorahDorah said:

Thanks for helping a fellow Champer! Pretty sure Uncommon Friends, Flyin' Hawaiians, Wilwood, and us will be 'ready'. Well... as ready as we'll ever be. Wind tunnel testing is always iffy ya know. @Alchemy Autosport - you guys gonna make it? I'm going to check with Arsenic Racing. I'm supposed to meet the newest team member.... so I *think* they'll make it. 

Dyno next weekend, Streets the following, then we race.

Hopefully nothing bad happens at the dyno or test day.  Or we might need to crowd source some help finishing the car friday at the track!  Unless something awful happens, we will be there.  We have a full spare powertrain from the old car so it would have to be really bad for us not to have the parts to attempt to fix it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alchemy Autosport said:

Dyno next weekend, Streets the following, then we race.

Hopefully nothing bad happens at the dyno or test day.  Or we might need to crowd source some help finishing the car friday at the track!  Unless something awful happens, we will be there.  We have a full spare powertrain from the old car so it would have to be really bad for us not to have the parts to attempt to fix it.

All righty then. But like this is different how? Hehe

• Haha 1

FYI... Saturdays race:   there will be a film crew (25 to 30 people) on site with 2 special guests driving on two teams. 

You may see a drone flying overhead. that has been allowed ONLY for this event. 

• Like 2

FYI to all teams, I will be crewing/backup driver for Arsenic Racing's Miata... but will be available as backup crew/driver for any other team if you run into an emergency at the track.  Driver didn't show?  Someone got sick?  Need an extra guy in a Nomex suit to help fuel your car or hold an extinguisher?  Need someone to hold a wrench?  Text me at the track 310.987.8178, worst I can say is a polite "no".

I started out racing karts by myself, and know what it was like to race short-handed.  I have seen ChampCar teams with 2 members struggle to fuel a car.  Just want to help out, because I have been there.  And, it's fun to meet other people.

Good luck all!

Edited by lewisracing
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, lewisracing said:

FYI to all teams, I will be crewing/backup driver for Arsenic Racing's Miata... but will be available as backup crew/driver for any other team if you run into an emergency at the track.  Driver didn't show?  Someone got sick?  Need an extra guy in a Nomex suit to help fuel your car or hold an extinguisher?  Need someone to hold a wrench?  Text me at the track 310.987.8178, worst I can say is a polite "no".

I started out racing karts by myself, and know what it was like to race short-handed.  I have seen ChampCar teams with 2 members struggle to fuel a car.  Just want to help out, because I have been there.  And, it's fun to meet other people.

Good luck all!

@Alchemy Autosport

Fyi...I know they have a two man team this weekend and we (Arsenic, Roto-Plookers, Alchemy, and Wilwood) are all right next to each other to help them for that reason. You'll be needed. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 2:31 PM, Alchemy Autosport said:

we are three on saturday, 4 on sunday so we are tight as well

I'll short fill for your tank on Saturday if you want.