Sign in to follow this  
turbogrill

WTB: Super fast Champcar for $17k

Hi,

Looking for a super fast champcar for $17k, anywhere in the US works. 

Open for anything.

If you have a trailer as well then that might be of interest.

35 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Thats an oddly specific price?

Sold another car and this is most of that.

26 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

The entire budget all at once?

Almost :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, espog said:

What ever happened to the datsun?

It's a dedicated track car now, but still Chumpcar compliant if need be.

Just did a nice engine rebuild, should be plenty fast.

Edited by turbogrill

1 hour ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

This is on the facetubeZ. Not sure if you can access it so I took some screenshots for you. 

Screenshot_20190703-065942_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190703-065949_Facebook.jpg

thank you! 

Edited by turbogrill

Man.

Tempting.

Camaro has raced its way into the top 10 (usually better than that) at some point of every event it's entered. Usually in top 5 for overall FTD. Only a few true DNF's, usually of our own fault - be it dumb part failure due to testing something new, a couple driver-error related DNF's... Won D class a couple of times, at big events (Daytona & Sebring),  so-so overall finishing results bc of bad strategy calls, slow pit stops, driver error. 

Selling wasn't really on my mind, but I've also been eyeing another build. 

Edited by pintodave

If I hadn't destroyed my car at Charlotte, I would have sold it to you (pending your interest).

As it is, I'm building a new, better one for around 7k all in.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, pintodave said:

Selling wasn't really on my mind,

Was doing the mental exercise thinking the same about shark car 🤔

• Like 1

Friends of mine are selling their Integra with a lot of spares for $5k! You can get it and modify it till your hearts content, and still not spend that $17k (if you want it to be ChampCar compliant)!

Here is info from the post-

Endurance race car with lots of extras. Raced in AER 2016. Can easily be made to race Honda challenge, chump car, champ car, lemons racing. 5,000 firm.
Acura Integra b20 high compression spare transmissions. Type R front calipers w/ rsx type s rear calipers. Ss lines. Full cage. Fire supresson system. Hot Rodgers radio system Cool suit system. Sparco halo seat and Sparco instructor seat. Scroth belts. Window net. Remote kill system. 1 set of 5zigen and 1 set rpf1. Bmw defrosters. Toykio struts w/ skunk 2 Coilover. Adjustable front and rear camber. Fully gutted with anything unnecessary removed. Lexan rear windows. Multiple spares including doors, calipers, wheel bearings, rear trailing arms, control arms, axles, brakes, clutch disc. I'm sure I'm missing something. Enquiry to myself or Robert Turick. With work schedules it has been too hard for us to get back to the track. Willing to negotiate the removal of radio system, spare rpf1 wheels, cool suit system, or fire suppression system for lower prices. My new house doesn't have a garage built yet and I don't want this car to sit outside for the first time in its life.

Here is the link if you can see it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/americanenduranceracing/search/?query=petch&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Any interest in an Audi TT?  

New build with less than 2 hours on it (unfortunately.) 

Also have a steel open trailer that could be part of the deal.IMG_0548.thumb.jpeg.9afe51b67b026efdf880b3ac4acec5b4.jpeg

Edited by Schultz

23 hours ago, Schultz said:

New build with less than 2 hours on it (unfortunately.) 

and after how many races??

sorry couldn't resist

but there are a couple of e30's for sale

• Haha 1

See Chip, I thought we had become friends.  

I plan on doing a thorough write up on what we have done and where we are now and why we are changing directions and listing the car for sale.  We have a ton of $$$ in the car and personally I have hundreds of hours getting to where we are, so this is not an easy decision.

You have already given up on the TT?  It looked like a great platform and your car looked great too. I was one of the tire kickers who looked at the Audi V8 you sold this year. I would be interested to know what was your biggest obstacle with the TT?