This unit is adding class and dignity to what would otherwise be a Vulgar brawl. Waiting for a few other blue blooded cars to arrive. 

Indianapolis Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

E2BF6EAE-D6A3-4946-A44F-9F84B5A71CDE.jpeg

Edited by Cam Benty
  • Like 13

Coming atcha!

On 7/12/2019 at 9:52 PM, SonsOfIrony said:

We need more pictures.  It's unfair of you to only post one picture.

How about a Datson 510.

16A2A438-1A03-40AE-97CF-7D161BE7E67E.jpeg

Edited by Cam Benty
  • Like 3

Hallowed ground. Our Mecca.

Have not sleep for 36 ours. You will get more tomorrow. After we pulverize the pavement with the big Cat. 

62111500-A6FE-4A56-80D8-1B3DB320EAE9.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cam Benty said:

This unit is adding class and dignity to what would otherwise be a Vulgar brawl. Waiting for a few other blue blooded cars to arrive. 

Indianapolis Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

E2BF6EAE-D6A3-4946-A44F-9F84B5A71CDE.jpeg

This photo made me go and find that truck! Thanks for posting.

Being outside of our normal travels, this is a great opportunity to meet people.

Shark fin clad silver infiniti, red Dish  Network uniform near pit in,  sharing a spot with the beetle.

* Offer extended to everyone

For anyone that cares, I have first stint

Ed

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 1

This track  is bad donkey! Kind of a Sebring combined with Barber.

To do well here, it looks like you need a HP car that handles only slightly worse than a miata, we have something close to that specification, felt good up until the upper radiator hose blew while following traffic too closely.

Another radiator hose has been purchased, we will run the rest of the day, get everyone in the car,  debriefed, acclimated and ready for tomorrow. 

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

@Cam Benty what's your team name? I'll try to stop by on my pit lane travels and say 'Hi'. 

Rusty cougar.  Drunken squirrels...  something about tiger woods back in the day.

It's the blue cougar with a coyote motor swapped in.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Rusty cougar.  Drunken squirrels...  something about tiger woods back in the day.

It's the blue cougar with a coyote motor swapped in.

Because we are running EC until the D class TBird is completed we are not the most popular team in the garage area. If you are ok with it come by. Would enjoy meeting you.

15 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

@Cam Benty what's your team name? I'll try to stop by on my pit lane travels and say 'Hi'. 

• Like 2

Amen to that.

Indy kicked my tail today. I do not think I hit a proper apex my entire stint. Fortunately my team mates pick us up. Struggled With the heat and that track is unforgiving. I staggered out of the car. I ain’t as young as I once was.

On 7/13/2019 at 9:13 AM, Team Infiniti said:

This track  is bad donkey! Kind of a Sebring combined with Barber.

To do well here, it looks like you need a HP car that handles only slightly worse than a miata, we have something close to that specification, felt good up until the upper radiator hose blew while following traffic too closely.

Another radiator hose has been purchased, we will run the rest of the day, get everyone in the car,  debriefed, acclimated and ready for tomorrow. 

Edited by Cam Benty
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

A 2nd today with an outstanding drive by the entire team. They will have something to say Sunday for overall and C class. Best of luck Gentlemen. 

A02A4D0D-B45F-4045-A85D-9180DF6189F8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone’s sentimental favorites. A second today in D class and well driven. Great bunch of guys and enjoy sharing a garage. 

They will get after it tomorrow. Bet that!

9F046B27-A822-4C5F-8EAE-9D6907922BAB.jpeg

Edited by Cam Benty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cam Benty said:

Because we are running EC until the D class TBird is completed we are not the most popular team in the garage area. If you are ok with it come by. Would enjoy meeting you.

Well I'm pretty proud of the small, but mighty West Region representation. And one of them is an EC car (finished 7th overall). Another is the Trans Am you mention below. The third is a Honda Prelude with front.... and rear steering. I'll have to see where they ended up placing, but they took the checker. As did the yellow miata (391). Troy Ermish from Uncommon Friends showed up to drive the Datsun 510 as well. 

So yes, I'll stop by. 

1 hour ago, Cam Benty said:

I believe this team won D class today. Well built car with some outstanding shoes. 

066900B1-6C59-48E0-8755-53B9107B9471.jpeg

Another learning experience with an Outstanding team. I now can say to my offspring “ I drove at Indianapolis Motor Speedway “!! The Cougar was involved in an accident and was wounded. Instead of risking permanent damage The Captain called it a day. It was impeccably prepared as usual and bad fast.

Thank you Drunkin Squirrels!!!!!! You are the best. If you will give me the opportunity to wheel your new TBird build I would consider it a privilege Gentlemen!!!!! 

Thank you Champ Car!!! An old dirt track Dog Face was given the opportunity to drive a track I believed unattainable. A.J., Dan, Mario were my childhood heroes. And I walked  The hallowed grounds of these drivers.

1CADF70E-9BDA-4973-B105-67B5B6BD99F5.jpeg

Edited by Cam Benty
  • Like 9

@Cam Benty you not only walked the hallowed ground, you drove it too! 

It was great to meet you, and many others. 

Yes, it was epic like we all knew it would be!! Go ChampCar!!

• Like 1

The pleasure was mine Sir. 

Best set of luck in the future! 

10 hours ago, mcoppola said:

@Cam Benty you not only walked the hallowed ground, you drove it too! 

It was great to meet you, and many others. 

Yes, it was epic like we all knew it would be!! Go ChampCar!!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mcoppola said:

walked the hallowed ground

Walked and Walked and WALKED the hallowed ground if you were pitted near pit out.  This was a true endurance race for the crew - walking a mile in 90+ heat pulling a wagon with 100 lbs of gas every two hours.  I have blisters on my feet from all of the walking.  Someone on our team commented that they were as tired as they had been at the VIR 24....

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

Walked and Walked and WALKED the hallowed ground if you were pitted near pit out.  This was a true endurance race for the crew - walking a mile in 90+ heat pulling a wagon with 100 lbs of gas every two hours.  I have blisters on my feet from all of the walking.  Someone on our team commented that they were as tired as they had been at the VIR 24....

I am totally beat, the heat and the walking was BRUTAL.  I had to drive back to Chicagolast night, drop 3 people off before driving home to take a shower, a nap, and be at work 5AM. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 8:38 PM, Cam Benty said:

That cougar looked like a blast to drive. Got to see it in action start of the race on Sunday (was helping and driving for a neon team, white with green stripe). 

Motivated me to get my car done, hope to see you guys bring out some more cars....

40 minutes ago, red0 said:

I am totally beat, the heat and the walking was BRUTAL.  I had to drive back to Chicagolast night, drop 3 people off before driving home to take a shower, a nap, and be at work 5AM. 

Yes, much sun and many many steps.   

2 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

Yes, much sun and many many steps.   

I did not envy the volunteers walking around out in the sun on pit road all day, that looked rough. I tried to offer sunscreen and water etc. when I could. 

• Like 4