2019 TireRack.com Indy Grand Prix

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. I went from thinking I didn't have a seat on Wednesday, to having one of the best weekends of my life.    I'm not sure anyone travelled further than I did from Brisbane, Australia to be

Premium Dudes Indy event recap:   All the prior posts about Indy and this venue have articulated my thoughts better than I can, so I'll just say that the place is epic and blew me away.

What an amazing weekend! We just reached the nirvana of amateur endurance racing!  First of all I would like to thank Andrea, Mike C, Dana, Mike M, Jay, Jimmie, Al, Kathryn and the rest of the

Posted Images

On 1/20/2020 at 3:06 PM, KoneKillah said:

Your ringer has hands for sure!

Very steady, precise hands but fast when needed. I’m studying his driving, I will certainly be faster next time, couldn’t get within 2 seconds of him at this race. At Road America I’m within a second :)

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/6/2019 at 9:09 PM, enginerd said:

There's something about turn 7 that our ringer wasn't getting quite right!

Think it's called an early apex across a bumpy curb... the first video was a little cleaner but still had the slide which is slowing him down through there.

Armchair quarterbacking says he should set up the proceeding corner a little differently. Take the left with a later apex so he can get completely over to the left track edge before starting the turn-in to the right, and try to go around that pointy part of the curb instead of over it. Should be able to get to full throttle a little sooner and not upset the car. Just my thoughts, my Fiero likes that kind of approach to a fast corner. 

Yes, never lift; drive it out.

Edited by mender
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

That was a very challenging turn, tires were generally greasy and there were cones that did not allow the speed of a wide out earlier.

We have a very similar fast left-right corner sequence at our local track and no track-out available unless your tires work well on grass... ;)

14 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

That was a very challenging turn, tires were generally greasy and there were cones that did not allow the speed of a wide out earlier.

The cones made it fun! Every few laps another foot of track opened up to play with!

• Haha 3
  • Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, enginerd said:

For anyone who missed the glorious and deafening roar of the 3” pipe unmuffled m20 at Indy, we pass Burningham in this portion of the video.

I sure was missing my E30 around that time.  

One of these days we will get a chance to go head-to-head e30 style

• Like 2
1 hour ago, enginerd said:

For anyone who missed the glorious and deafening roar of the 3” pipe unmuffled m20 at Indy, we pass Burningham in this portion of the video.

It's bad enough you guys are passing us, but did you have to show a clip where @Slugworks Paul passes at the same time?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Slugworks Paul said:

Since when do I race an E46? :P

I guess it went by so fast it just looked like a cheaty Altima.  

13 minutes ago, DanKing said:

OUCH ! 
Sorry about that. What time and day ?

I’m pretty sure that rock did no damage at all. It hit perfectly on the wiper which deflected it away from the glass! Just a neat thing caught on camera.

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 1