Sign in to follow this  
Rapido

2019 ChampCar Sim Series - Round 10, VIR - 7/24/2019, 7/30/2019, 8/7/2019

4 hours ago, Jab31169 said:

Fun race last night, two hours is hard in a VR headset.  Hope all the HJ guys have fun at the 24 you lucky som batches!!!  Missed ya @pintodave, I spotted you mowing grass down the hill at south bend.  

Ha yea man, I should get an old Chad Little John Deere paint scheme... I totally forgot it was a 2 hour race. After my 2nd or 3rd loop I say eff it and went and drank a beer. 

I was talking with @kartermdb about that after - I just can't get a damn feel for the Miata, part of it is my wheel/pedal setup, I am still driving off of a desk. So my max comfort level is about 45 minutes to an hour max before the position/posture starts to really bother me. Maybe it's a lack of brake feel, I don't know but there is just something about it that isn't clicking with me. Plus it doesn't help it's deathly slow, so practicing by yourself at a big track gets old quick. I'm sure running more laps there would help out. 

How much were yall chatting in Discord the first 45 minutes? I heard Ross ok in the iRacing chat but I never heard any banter in Discord. I did the mic check and it all worked, and I had the speaker output set to the Rift. I was really looking forward to the Discord chat. 

1 hour ago, pintodave said:

How much were yall chatting in Discord the first 45 minutes? I heard Ross ok in the iRacing chat but I never heard any banter in Discord. I did the mic check and it all worked, and I had the speaker output set to the Rift. I was really looking forward to the Discord chat. 

A lot, like a lot of smack talk and bullpoop.  Did you join the right one? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Jab31169 said:

A lot, like a lot of smack talk and bullpoop.  Did you join the right one? 

The "general" channel? 

6 hours ago, pintodave said:

The "general" channel? 

I'm pretty sure we were in the Atlantic Channel 

• Like 1