E. Tyler Pedersen

2019 Lifeline 24-Hour Classic Results

50 minutes ago, Red Rocket said:

Congrats to Huggy and team for their well-deserved win!  Great job guys.  A huge heartfelt thanks to all of you for your support for Antman and The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation at the Racebar BBQ.  Team Racebar was and is humbled by all of your generous donations of which 100% goes to the CF Foundation.  Hopefully all of you all enjoyed the BBQ as well 😁.  To ChampCar,  Thank You for taking Antman around the track in the Pace car.  That was a very generous gesture on your part and the little guy absolutely loved it.  All of this was a huge win for us so it's just icing on the cake with how well Redrocket did throughout the 24 hours.   

Hey I cant emphasis how amazing everyones support was for young Anthony "Antman" Bates at this BBQ. With all of your generous support we raised over $550 in cash plus an additional $130 through facebook donations directly to the CF foundation. 

The money that CF foundation is raising is making a REAL difference in people lives, however the most amazing aspect of this party was the support, love, and energy spent supporting Antman. I can't even begin to thank Champcar, VIR workers @Drvred, and everyone for all of their support. Watching the live video of Antman riding in the pacecar hit me right in the feels. Here is a writeup from his mom that I've stolen from a message with her permission:

It was a new experience for Anthony. Initially he was very overwhelmed with the poster and quantity of people there to support him, like someone had a pair of his dirty underwear on display. He walked up to the poster and table so gingerly, and the look on his face was like I violated his trust, I about cried and my heart was terrified I’d made a bad decision.  We talked about it, there was someone there who’d gone to college with a young man who passed in his 20’s from CF, how we are doing our part not just for the benefits to him but also to everyone else fighting this battle, he worked through it and ALL of you guys and the racers pulled him in 110%. Him riding in the official champ pace car made the weekend for sure. Sooo much growth for him emotionally where CF is concerned, lots of  awareness, and some funds raised too. You guys have changed our lives for the better and I can’t thank you enough.

I continue to learn and grow as his mother, he continues to grow as a little dude facing some serious challenges and the support from you keeps us going!

Currently being reviewed by the FDA is a medication for children ages 12+ that will allow them to live a "Normal life range" whereas his current life expectancy is 37 years old. The money we raise has contributed to this research!

Thanks again for everything that all of you do. This is an amazing race, and its awesome to see it affecting the lives of others who feel special just to be a part of it. (yes I am referring to team Racebar in general)

Sincerely,

Jim Webb

317-691-0584

Facebook @RACEBARCAR

www.racebar.net

IMG6766000882570686466-04.jpeg

20190809_184127.jpg

Edited by Jim
  • Like 10

16 hours ago, Burningham said:

Too bad she felt too bad this weekend to drive, I took one of her stints in Doc’s car in addition to the one I drove in Huggy’s car.  I benefited from it by getting time on track but would rather see her out there giving it hell. 

Nice seeing you, man! I need one of those shirts one day. Great job on the win

2 hours ago, bigyellow said:

Pitted one last time to change the oil, thinking we had overfilled it compensating for the oil leak. Went back out and the car felt faster than ever. Problem solved. Nope. Came out of Oak Tree and she died for the final time.

They always go the fastest right before they pop...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Jim said:

20190809_184127.jpg

Thanks for the party and the food!  Good to hear that we brought in some cash for Antman's cause.

Thanks for the above picture, Solid cameo of my dog drinking from the keg cooler while waiting for someone else to drip Scotch Ale on the bumper

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, bendawson3 said:

Nice seeing you, man! I need one of those shirts one day. Great job on the win

Same.  I was given that shirt by a team mate so I don't know where it came from, but I'll check.

As far as the win, I am not being modest by saying I really didn't do much to contribute to it other than keeping the car out of trouble during my stint (for the most part).  Other than one absolutely positively total blunder on my part at Oak Tree I was able to do that (that's why I wore the shirt afterward, very fitting).  The credit is rightly given to Chris, Robert, Chip and his team.  They are a well oiled machine from prep, driving, pit crew, food/drinks, strategy, just about everything and I am humbled to have been a small part of it as part of the team this race.  A win like this isn't an accident, it is won in the months and weeks leading up to the actual race and they have that part down.  You have to have some breaks along the way, but you have to have all of the parts in place to close the deal.  

Thanks to the staff for another exceptional event.  I really liked the coffee being available during the night to ward off the evil spirits.  Thanks Andrea and crew for that.  

VIR is simply a special place, one of my favorite places to go left and right fast, can't wait to do it again only faster next time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Great event by CC and the competitors!  From my fading memory, 2019 opening stint seemed maybe a notch more experienced and predictable drivers than 2018.  Well done to all for continuous improvement and keeping our friends as safe as possible.

CC is headed in the right direction for sure - see y'all at an event in the future!!

P.S.  if anyone found a set of keys (Honda key and antique handle of a silver spoon on it) - please let me know.  My wife would love to get her spoon handle back more than the Honda key itself!!  

Edited by Chris Hebert

On 8/12/2019 at 12:20 PM, LuckyKid said:

We borrowed a radiator funnel from a miata team across from the garages.  We returned that to someone who believed it was their teams.  However if the person who loaned it to us didn't get it back, please let me know via PM and I will drop ship you a new one.  And thank you again for the help!!

That was mine, I even put a Sparrow Speed sticker on it! I was happy to see your car back on track if only for awhile. Then I saw 2.5 motors in your pits...

Someone else's Miata team owes me a yellow fuel line disconnect tool as well...

Edited by takjak2
  • Thanks 2

As promised, below is the full race gallery/recap from Team Hugh Jass.

https://imgur.com/a/MlvtSP2  

It's no secret that we've had a difficult year in 2019; got to WGI and failed to complete a lap all weekend, then had to withdraw from Indy a week before the event. The VIR 24hr is our home race, and we refer to it as the HJ Family Reunion weekend. This year we had team members fly in from Australia, Germany, Texas, Illinois, and all along the Eastern Seaboard - we try and do as much as possible and hosted karting, trivia, and meals with the team. 

The race itself was, as always, a massive challenge. An accident from our new driver in the Friday practice session cracked the diff casing and caused further issues in the drivetrain that we uncovered on Saturday - fixing those meant we took to the track 90 minutes after the green flag. Further issues overnight took the form of a broken clutch slave cylinder, a sheared axle nut, and a loose throttle cable. Despite these setbacks, we persevered and took the chequered flag in 33rd overall - not our best performance objectively but a result of which we are very proud. We don't have the fastest car but were still able to turn good laps, stay out of trouble when on track, and have some really fun battles where possible. 

Thank you to everyone at ChampCar and VIR for once again hosting such a memorable event, and thanks to everyone who supported us in the paddock with tools, parts, or kind words. We hope we were able to reciprocate in kind and help out any team that was similarly in need. Special shoutouts to @Ray Franck and @FlorahDorah for their support in tech and in the pitlane, to @Bill Strong and @Doc for keeping us involved in the live stream (and for allowing one of our members to commentate for a while), to @Jim and the rest of the Racebar crew for the party and paddock shenanigans on Friday, and to @Huggy and the rest of the Pinkies Out crew for a great drive and win - your car was always beautifully driven and considerate when lapping us, and we hope we stayed out of your way.

I don't think we'll make any more CCES events this year but will head back to the tech center and start repairing and preparing our car for a more successful 2020 season.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Congrats to the Huggins team! I very much enjoyed watching the race.

Sadly, some sudden medical issues kept me from participating. 

Edited by Wyatt
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2019 at 11:19 AM, Red Rocket said:

I'm good with where Redrocket landed on that chart. 😁

TCR-2 is dead.....Long live Red Rocket !

-Chris

P.S. One day I need to get back out there, been too long away from the track!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trukk said:

-Chris

We're racing in December.  Come on out!

2 hours ago, Trukk said:

-Chris

Yes you do @Trukk!