MoparBoyy

When are teams with a history of bad driving going to be addressed?

2 hours ago, Jer said:

A lot of us on the Board took up the contact issues at VIR and Indy with Mike.  The team in question has been spoken to, and understands it has to improve.  There is a spotlight on any team with contacts in multiple races, and we are watching.  No sanctioning has taken place to date, just stern warnings.  I'm certain Mike will take action if this continues.  

So, a couple more strikes and they're out?  Do we know if it's the same drivers on this "team" or if it has been new renters each time?  Because speaking to someone who doesn't come back to the series doesn't do anything.  And it could be this driver's first contact since he hasn't been read the riot act once before for aggressive driving.

Just now, Originalsterm said:

So, a couple more strikes and they're out?  Do we know if it's the same drivers on this "team" or if it has been new renters each time?  Because speaking to someone who doesn't come back to the series doesn't do anything.  And it could be this driver's first contact since he hasn't been read the riot act once before for aggressive driving.

We've taken the position that the owner is responsible for who he lets on the track.  I'm toeing the  Company line here and backing Mike.   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, Jer said:

We've taken the position that the owner is responsible for who he lets on the track.  I'm toeing the  Company line here and backing Mike.   

Just curious.  How many incidences and resulting "stern warnings" does it take before a pattern of behavior is recognized?

23 hours ago, Originalsterm said:

36 minutes ago, Red Rocket said:

Just curious.  How many incidences and resulting "stern warnings" does it take before a pattern of behavior is recognized?

I think the best way to look at this is:

If management does not receive any more videos of undesirable behavior, the matter is 'resolved'. If the undesirable behavior is still documented in future videos, those videos need to be sent to management post-haste. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 5:06 PM, chip said:

As I do believe that Champ should make their passing rules more in line with other racing’s groups, I don’t think this is the cause of contact in our series.

I think it comes down to awareness.

Looking back at Huggins VIR contact with the Prelude, that could have been the other car's fault if following rules of series with an "overlap" rule? Per our rules it would be the E30's fault (although the softest tap ever to get a penalty). Not saying our rules are wrong, like you said just need constant awareness that they are different. 

In my head I have to keep reminding myself when passing, the other car moving off THEIR line for me is a gift from them, not an obligation per our rules. Really changes the way I have to drive and I have to beat it back into my skull before I get in the seat each time. I have to stay aware that my (and  it looks like from the contact many people's) natural expectation for a car to give room when I stick the nose in doesn't line up with the rules here. 

• Like 1

Could a point system be implemented? Get to X amount of points, you're on probation. While on probation if you get to Y amount of points your license is suspended for a year. Something like that. There'd need to be a good way of keeping track of driver changes, but I think it would be worth it. Could honestly come in the form of an RFID tag on each driver that gets scanned at pit in and pit out. That would also be handy for keeping track of drive time.

• Like 1