ChampCar Endurance Series Canada

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully mosport will happen. The tow is excruciating long. but worth it. Worst 15min. of my life for sure

60 car sellout at Gingerman, Michigan same weekend.  Sorry.

CCESC will be run by Canadians using the ChampCar BCCR. Two countries. One rule book. One membership. One class system. One way to endurance race, flat out! Canadians can race in the USA. And USA

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, theblue said:

Apart from the idea of saving 10 tires that did nobody wrong, do you really like Gingerman better?

We dont go through tires since Jay at powersport set up our car!

Gingerman is very different. Youre busy the whole lap and it fits our civic perfectly.not to mention a sold out entry list.

Way better for spectators too

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Way better for spectators too

This is the understatement of the year. I realize spectators are no where near the main concern for Champcar, but after you've been at Calabogie for an hour, you've seen all you

can see. I live an hour from Calabogie and 10 hours from Gingerman but I'm already thinking of a trip to spectate at Gingerman.

6 hours ago, mcoppola said:

Plus Higgy was killing the field at Gingerman. 

"It fits our civic perfectly" is an understatement. 

I appreciate you saying that but no trophy and didnt even race the Sunday.  We said it was our best/worst weekend we ever had.  So we definitely have to come back in 2020 and try again. 

2 hours ago, oblio125 said:

This is the understatement of the year. I realize spectators are no where near the main concern for Champcar, but after you've been at Calabogie for an hour, you've seen all you

can see. I live an hour from Calabogie and 10 hours from Gingerman but I'm already thinking of a trip to spectate at Gingerman.

Im not knocking Calabogie in any way shape or form,I love it there.

Gingerman has a different sort of feel. Its not The Glen/Daytona or Mosport. I love how the pits have such a low wall,feels like old school racing . All the trailers get packed in tight all in a row.Your trailer is almost in your pit stall.Corner 1 and 2 are so close that you can go watch instead of being stuck in a pit stall all day. I love the no fence in 1 and 2 also. Can sit on a nice quiet bench and talk to your driver on the head set while seeing a bunch of corners. Our whole team loved Gingerman. 

Edited by Rich
  • Like 4
On 9/27/2019 at 1:34 PM, theblue said:

Apart from the idea of saving 10 tires that did nobody wrong, do you really like Gingerman better?

Bogie does seem to be a tire eater but that isn't the only reason that we will choose Gingerman over it. Calabogie is a great track and we've been there enough times to know that it will be a good race but Gingerman was sublime. A pit wall fewer than 100ft from your trailer without a foolish fence in between. Clearly marked pit stalls and very simple arrows on the tarmac to indicate traffic flow. Every single trailer and team parked facing the same way so there is room for everyone to work even during the race. Top this off with more than a great view for spectators and you have a recipe for a sold out race.

The track is exceptional, both technical and busy at the same time, with lots of room to race. I think the only way we choose Calabogie over Gingerman is if they guarantee the Stadium course for one of the races and even then it would be a tough choice simply because you are going to see 60 teams at Gingerman. Since Gingerman was already on the calendar I really can't fathom the reasoning behind choosing the same weekend. 

• Like 1
On 9/28/2019 at 3:49 PM, Richard said:

Bogie does seem to be a tire eater but that isn't the only reason that we will choose Gingerman over it. Calabogie is a great track and we've been there enough times to know that it will be a good race but Gingerman was sublime. A pit wall fewer than 100ft from your trailer without a foolish fence in between. Clearly marked pit stalls and very simple arrows on the tarmac to indicate traffic flow. Every single trailer and team parked facing the same way so there is room for everyone to work even during the race. Top this off with more than a great view for spectators and you have a recipe for a sold out race.

The track is exceptional, both technical and busy at the same time, with lots of room to race. I think the only way we choose Calabogie over Gingerman is if they guarantee the Stadium course for one of the races and even then it would be a tough choice simply because you are going to see 60 teams at Gingerman. Since Gingerman was already on the calendar I really can't fathom the reasoning behind choosing the same weekend. 

Because you will probably be the only team to tow to gingerman, when the champcar car series is returning north of the border.

Do you even have a soul?

• Haha 1

In another thread Bill mentioned that the 2020 schedule is largely complete as posted, save for some events out west.

Just to clarify, does that mean Calabogie is likely to be the only Champcar event in Canada in 2020?

(Not ashamed to say I was really hoping to visit Mosport)

• 4 weeks later...