Bill Strong

Official 2019 - A Sebring NYE Double 7 Hour Enduro

10 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

lame comeback.

I don’t want to piss Troy off, gotta race against him 29 hours in the next month or two. Oh wait, he never comes here anymore. I will do better next response. 

1 hour ago, Slugworks Paul said:

Awesome!! Anyone know if that fee is per car or they're gonna ding us per driver?

"They" is actually "he" the OP (Henry runs PDG)

I don't know the answer (i haven't run with him in a while), but I can say they are by far my favorite DE group in Florida.   Really good group of guys relaxed but still professional. 

4 minutes ago, bam said:

"They" is actually "he" the OP (Henry runs PDG)

I don't know the answer (i haven't run with him in a while), but I can say they are by far my favorite DE group in Florida.   Really good group of guys relaxed but still professional. 

I have a message out to him via the facebook page, i'll update when i find out!

Guys, registration fee is for 1 car and you get seven 30 minute sessions. There is a $100 share charge for as many drivers you want to share with or if it is just one additional driver, $50

The entry fee includes an all you can eat buffet that will be served at the restaurant of the track hotel. Garages are free, cold bottled water, no membership fees.Additional lunches are $15 each. You can come in and set up for the weekend so you'll have first pick of paddock and garage unless there are different rules by your promoter. We are here to work with you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

VP is at the race track 

Sunoco is at the Love Buggs station in town (huge station) 

Mobil is a couple miles from the track 

Circle K with Shell is across from Mobil 

Chevron is town 

The new Loves Travel Center/Truck Stop on 27 in Lakes Whales is really nice, couple months old and plenty of room for big trailers.   3 places to eat inside iirc.    It's 40 miles from the track so you'd only use it on your way in if you wanted to make one stop for everything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

VP is at the race track 

Sunoco is at the Love Buggs station in town (huge station) 

Mobil is a couple miles from the track 

Circle K with Shell is across from Mobil 

Chevron is town 

The new Loves Travel Center/Truck Stop on 27 in Lakes Whales is really nice, couple months old and plenty of room for big trailers.   3 places to eat inside iirc.    It's 40 miles from the track so you'd only use it on your way in if you wanted to make one stop for everything. 

I think he was asking if you have 93 octane with ethanol, or if you only have 91. 

Just now, red0 said:

I think he was asking if you have 93 octane with ethanol, or if you only have 91. 

we have 93 in FL 

1 hour ago, Slugworks Paul said:

Does anyone know what grade of gas is available down yonder? Is BP 93 a thing?

Last year I pulled into some janky gas station that was the cheapest in the area.  Car ran fine.

5 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Last year I pulled into some janky gas station that was the cheapest in the area.  Car ran fine.

What gas is your car tuned on?

18 minutes ago, Slugworks Paul said:

What gas is your car tuned on?

Everyone tunes on 89 Octane from the Holiday in Rogers. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

100, I have to blend that super expensive race gas with e85

I thought you had it retuned so you could just use the race gas.  I thought it was a pain to do all the mixing.

2 hours ago, red0 said:

Everyone tunes on 89 Octane from the Holiday in Rogers. 

haha FACT.  #Shanetuned

Edited by Slugworks Paul
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

100, I have to blend that super expensive race gas with e85

Playing coy are we? Your megasquirt ECU didn't come tuned from the fatherland, my friend ;)

Edited by Slugworks Paul
  • Haha 1

be careful.

At the September race there were reports of people getting bad gas at a local station. water laced fuel. I do not know which one, but I think I heard the Mobil station mentioned.
Don't leave your fuel uncovered to the elements. Metal drums cam expand and contract sucking in water and condensation. 

That why we only use plastic drums now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

be careful.

At the September race there were reports of people getting bad gas at a local station. water laced fuel. I do not know which one, but I think I heard the Mobil station mentioned.
Don't leave your fuel uncovered to the elements. Metal drums cam expand and contract sucking in water and condensation. 

That why we only use plastic drums now.

Thanks bill, although the issue you mentioned has nothing to do with the container being metal :)

19 minutes ago, Slugworks Paul said:

Thanks bill, although the issue you mentioned has nothing to do with the container being metal :)

not covering your drum. it rains. an inch of water in now sitting in the top of your drum. The temps change and the drum contracts, the metal drum does not give like a plastic drum, so the weak link is the fill cap and gasket. The water is sucked in through that point. 

21 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

not covering your drum. it rains. an inch of water in now sitting in the top of your drum. The temps change and the drum contracts, the metal drum does not give like a plastic drum, so the weak link is the fill cap and gasket. The water is sucked in through that point. 

Sounds to me like the problem is a non-sealing cap, which could also suck water into a plastic drum as well. Given caps on each that seal under the same pressure and vacuum, the same result would happen (same vacuum would be generated given the same volume, temperature, fuel, etc). Maybe the caps just work better on the plastic ones?

Edited by Slugworks Paul

No, the drum can more easily collapse in the middle, looking like a taco.
I have an old high school buddy who is a mad scientist at Exxon/Mobil, and he told me to ditch the metal cans and get the plastic ones. We have not had any issues of water in the fuel, or crap from the metal can liner breaking down and infecting the fuel.

6 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

I thought you had it retuned so you could just use the race gas.  I thought it was a pain to do all the mixing.

Oh shoot we did do that. I forgot since last race. 

3 hours ago, Slugworks Paul said:

Playing coy are we? Your megasquirt ECU didn't come tuned from the fatherland, my friend ;)

It came from the koi pond. Something like under the sea. 

1 hour ago, red0 said:

Just use an old Methyl Ethyl Ketone drum like Tyler. 

Hey.....my drums were free :)