Bill Strong

Official 2020 Schedule is starting to post

58 minutes ago, Jer said:

Eagles Canyon, call them and ask

So we need to start a robo calling campaign!!!  Or set up a call list with a time and date for each member, that would have to work.

2 hours ago, Jer said:

If you guys want Eagles Canyon, call them and ask!  They have resisted us, got some bad info from a competing series and won't give us a date.  We would like to go there.  Start a calling campaign and maybe they will change their minds.  

best phone number to reach somebody useful?

I would call the website number and ask for the track manager.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/10/2019 at 2:59 PM, karman1970 said:

I'd settle for something between the Mississippi and the Sierra Nevada.

How about Texas Speedway?  MRS Houston, Hill Harris Raceway, and COTA for 2020 or 2021?

Any idea of other races in the works?? any dates for tracks up north across the boarder?

Not much near us after NCM until Gingerman and looking at other options, May, June or July.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ETR said:

I know y’all just nailing down the details for all those Texas races next year.

B8942351-2A4C-4E8F-B740-22AEF8E5888A.jpeg

COTA was announced for 2020 on the last “Red Flag” video. But a date isn’t listed yet. 

Spent time talking with Mike this weekend and for all the Midwest folks not much else will be added or changed for us. Dates either did not work with other events

in the east or west?? I asked about many tracks and was told not this year :-(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

As a team we have talked about a few options, hoping maybe a Canada race will happen that we can tow to and was told the folks up north are working on dates yet.

Calabogie is in August about the same time as Gingerman and then in June they are looking at Mosport or Shannonville.

Or hate to look but maybe we run some WRL

Edited by 55mini

On 9/23/2019 at 3:03 PM, ETR said:

I know y’all just nailing down the details for all those Texas races next year.

B8942351-2A4C-4E8F-B740-22AEF8E5888A.jpeg

I also spoke to mike this weekend about Texas and all he mentioned was Cota.🙁  Also an fyi, ecr is STILL being repaved/reconstructed. O well i guess there's next year or wrl.

Just an fyi for those who are in charge of getting tracks for next year. 

TMS

ECR

Hallet

MSR Houston

MSR Cresson

Harris Hill 

These are just a few of the local tracks in Texas, or close to, that we could race. That is if you guys dont want to dump on texas next year.

P.S. Running HHR twice a year does get old after a few years in a row.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, espog said:

Just an fyi for those who are in charge of getting tracks for next year. 

TMS

ECR

Hallet

MSR Houston

MSR Cresson

Harris Hill 

These are just a few of the local tracks in Texas, or close to, that we could race. That is if you guys dont want to dump on texas next year.

P.S. Running HHR twice a year does get old after a few years in a row.

I would suggest sending your suggestions to Mike Chisek. His team completes the schedule every year. I want Autobahn and Mid Ohio. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, 55mini said:

Spent time talking with Mike this weekend and for all the Midwest folks not much else will be added or changed for us. Dates either did not work with other events

in the east or west?? I asked about many tracks and was told not this year :-(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

As a team we have talked about a few options, hoping maybe a Canada race will happen that we can tow to and was told the folks up north are working on dates yet.

Calabogie is in August about the same time as Gingerman and then in June they are looking at Mosport or Shannonville.

Or hate to look but maybe we run some WRL

This has been a long term trend, sorry you were hoping for it to change. 

East Coast racers don't care about anyone else. Where are the people on the board from...tis' election season. 

4 minutes ago, ABR-Glen said:

This has been a long term trend, sorry you were hoping for it to change. 

East Coast racers don't care about anyone else. Where are the people on the board from...tis' election season. 

Glen it's not for lack of trying, both in the midwest and in the west.  We keep losing money on many of these races and it does, to a certain degree, jeopardize the org if there is too many of these.

Mike is in charge of the schedule, though, not the Board.  We see it about the same time as you.  

• Like 1

The biggest question was, where were all the entries to Hastings? 
Road America is down.

We have 70 to 100+ cars to east coast events.

How can we get those numbers to Central Events?

• Like 1

Hastings probably would've done better if it wasn't scheduled on the same weekend as Sebring. Yes some guys do travel that far. Or so close to Harris hill, Gingerman or Nelson ledges. 

And a Road America date that wasn't jeopardized by weather like the current early spring and late fall dates would probably draw more cars to that too. 

The East races all seem to have good spacing between them, something the central races don't have. 

Edited by mcoppola
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, Jer said:

Glen it's not for lack of trying, both in the midwest and in the west.  We keep losing money on many of these races and it does, to a certain degree, jeopardize the org if there is too many of these.

Mike is in charge of the schedule, though, not the Board.  We see it about the same time as you.  

I know, not trying to imply anyone doesn't want the midwest to be successful.

The board is the best chance that (most :ph34r:) members have to influence Mike. You being a perfect example, would we be doing anything in the West if it wasn't for you being on the board? 

35 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Road America is down.

Hastings turnout was in line with my expectations. 

Road America was Fri/Sat on Easter weekend (hope you got a discount on that), fall race signups look good.

I don't know how to get the numbers, I've just been trying (for years) to bring awareness to the problem. 

The bargain race at Gingerman really saved that event and it has continued to be successful. 

Maybe make teams run a race in both regions (East and everything else) to qualify for the championship? I'm sure that would be real popular with almost nobody. 

Edited by ABR-Glen
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Road America is down.

Well, interesting challenge.   We need races and exposure.   That’s probably obvious to you.  The harder part is how to get that.    

One way we could start might be getting a few teams and members together to brainstorm.  

@red0  @Cremaster Racing @Jer @ABR-Glen

Texas teams?    Conference calls?    How can we get some teams built from Kansas City? Chicago?  Omaha?  Twin cities.    

Road America could be better dates... just saying.    Let’s involve some people from the Midwest and try to build something.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ABR-Glen said:

Road America was Fri/Sat on Easter weekend (hope you got a discount on that), fall race signups look good.

This!!   Let’s put vir 24 on mother’s day and see how it goes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

This!!   Let’s put vir 24 on mother’s day and see how it goes. 

Didn't we already try that with COTA? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So you guys also are missing that a number of midwest teams have gone else where to race, not just a few but many. 

The second big one this year was the Indy race took many teams funds and if you look at any races other then Gingerman they were all down as an effect.

Mike and I talked about that as well and he said yes that race was not at the right time and it has been moved to September.

Got to be ways to draw teams back cause we all know things have changed and not just a little but huge in the last couple years.

• Like 3