Hardtops no points? Where in the rules?

turbogrill

4 minutes ago, turbogrill said:

Hi,

I have heard that tops are free, but where in the rules is this specified?

Thanks

It used to be a note specifically calling out miatas. See 2017 as the first year.  We have one car with a homeade top, within factory dimensions, and one lightweight top from treasure coast.  Both are tech'd at 0 points add.

32 minutes ago, turbogrill said:

Is this in the rules somewhere?

You can run a car with everything it came from the factory with as long as you are claiming the correct car and it isn’t one of the exempt “high trim models”. So if hardtop was available for your car, then you can run it. No special rule needed.

I don’t know how this is handled if hardtop wasn’t offered by the factory, but I am assuming your case did have that option. 

Edited by enginerd

Just now, enginerd said:

You can run a car with everything it and from the factory with as long as you are claiming the correct car and it isn’t one of the exempt “high trim models”. So if hardtop was available for your car, then you can run it. No special rule needed.

I don’t know how this is handled if hardtop wasn’t offered by the factory, but I am assuming your case did have that option. 

Aha thanks!