Ron_e

2020 rules are live

2 hours ago, mcoppola said:

Just for grins, some of you guys drinking the Southeast kool-aid ought to come up to the North Midwest for a few races. 😁 We all know the SE region is tough but I would put the following teams and drivers up against anybody -->  @enginerd's Premium Dudes team, @E. Tyler Pedersen's Crank Yankers team, @Hi_Im_Will of GWR, @NigelStu's Bavarian Mustache Werks, @red0's Holy Rollers, Prem Dudes or RBank Hondas and Saabs, @wvumtnbkr's RX7 (which v2 will be even better!), @TOOLEAN's Spartan Racing, @Richard's Higgy Motorsports, @Gkuhn41's 2 Brothers Mercedes, @Chris Shay's Ludicrous Speed MR2, @hotchkis23, @55mini, @JDChristianson's Mielan Miatas x2, @IPF Racing's Supra, @Round3Racing's Boxsters, @mostmint's Saturn, @hotrod's Focus' x2, @scottyk's JSK Maxima, @MR2 Biohazard MR2's x2, Guvulys BMW, BAR's BMW, TRM's BMW, and I'm sure a few more that I can't think of at the moment.

Like I said, no disrespect toward the Southeast, but I'm very proud to have these teams represent our area, and can only hope that my own team and car might someday be competitive with these cars and drivers. An especially proud moment as at Indy, where in a field of top ChampCar teams, Premium Dudes could have won both days had it not been for a misfire on Saturday that cost them first place (finished 2nd), and they and Crank Yankers battled it out for the win on Sunday.

Go North Midwest teams! 😀  

Virginia is Midwest now?  

You want cars which are know as rental only businesses to represent your region?

cool!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Huggy said:

You want cars which are know as rental only businesses to represent your region?

cool!

Don’t be a hater. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, enginerd said:

Don’t be a hater. 

No hate here, as long as they behave

41 minutes ago, shutupracing said:

Chump faces 

I knew i was bound to miss a few. I was thinking of chump faces and couldn't remember the name. Also the South Dakota guys...

40 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Virginia is Midwest now?  

cool!

I'm not claiming the list is perfect. I'm sure you can pick it apart further if you'd like. I was happy to meet you at Indy and thought we made our peace. But maybe not, considering I posted several times about what a great car builder and racer you are, and you never acknowledged my posts with a "like", but at least @chip did. 

I claimed @wvumtnbkr because he's actually from Pennsylvania and runs with CYR and Bavarian at times. He now lives in South Carolina, but I'll still take him on my team any time. 😀👍

Edit: maybe you meant Troy. I was just looking at recent races that I considered our region and pulled some teams off those lists since they run around here often. And yeah, I don't have any problems with R3R either. Their drivers are just friends theyve raced with over the years, just like most teams get their drivers. 

Edited by mcoppola
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

I knew i was bound to miss a few. I was thinking of chump faces and couldn't remember the name. Also the South Dakota guys...

I'm not claiming the list is perfect. I'm sure you can pick it apart further if you'd like. I was happy to meet you at Indy and thought we made our peace. But I guess not, considering I posted several times about what a great car builder and racer you are, and you never acknowledged my posts with a "like", but at least @chip did. 

I claimed @wvumtnbkr because he's actually from Pennsylvania and runs with CYR and Bavarian at times. He now lives in South Carolina, but I'll still take him on my team any time. 😀👍

Edit: maybe you meant Troy. I was just looking at recent races that I considered our region and pulled some teams off those lists since they run around here often. And yeah, I don't have any problems with R3R either. 

Like I said, everyone’s an donkey-hole on the Internet.

❤️

• Haha 2

I remember that. Lol...

you're right, meeting and talking in person is always the best! Definitely true that written words can be misconstrued! And like I said, no disrespect to any other region, just giving credit to some teams I'm glad to know that are in my vicinity. I was smiling the whole time I was writing that list. 

Edited by mcoppola

The east has some good teams, the central has some good teams, the west has some good teams. Aliquippa PA has the best team though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, red0 said:

The east has some good teams, the central has some good teams, the west has some good teams. Aliquippa PA has the best team though. 

@red0 You're a lucky guy, getting to drive with some of ChampCar's finest teams, whether it's the one from Aliquippa, or Edon, OH, or your childhood buddy's team. 💪 👍

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mcoppola said:

Just for grins, some of you guys drinking the Southeast kool-aid ought to come up to the North Midwest for a few races. 😁 We all know the SE region is tough but I would put the following teams and drivers up against anybody -->  @enginerd's Premium Dudes team, @E. Tyler Pedersen's Crank Yankers team, @Hi_Im_Will of GWR, @NigelStu's Bavarian Mustache Werks, @red0's Holy Rollers, Prem Dudes or RBank Hondas and Saabs, @wvumtnbkr's RX7 (which v2 will be even better!), @TOOLEAN's Spartan Racing, @Richard's Higgy Motorsports, @Gkuhn41's 2 Brothers Mercedes, @Chris Shay's Ludicrous Speed MR2, @hotchkis23, @55mini, @JDChristianson's Mielan Miatas x2, @IPF Racing's Supra, @Round3Racing's Boxsters, @mostmint's Saturn, @hotrod's Focus' x2, @scottyk's JSK Maxima, @MR2 Biohazard MR2's x2, Guvulys BMW, BAR's BMW, TRM's BMW, and I'm sure a few more that I can't think of at the moment.

Like I said, no disrespect toward the Southeast, but I'm very proud to have these teams represent our area, and can only hope that my own team and car might someday be competitive with these cars and drivers. An especially proud moment as at Indy, where in a field of top ChampCar teams, Premium Dudes could have won both days had it not been for a misfire on Saturday that cost them first place (finished 2nd), and they and Crank Yankers battled it out for the win on Sunday.

Go North Midwest teams! 😀  

I absolutely love the fact that you took the time to argue this Mike.  ❤️

2 hours ago, riche30 said:

I absolutely love the fact that you took the time to argue this Mike.  ❤️

@riche30 did you forget the green font? Or is the heart for real? LOL 😂

P.S. you said "Arguably our most competitive region." I figured that was my cue....

Edited by mcoppola
  • Like 1

So is the FlagTronics system going to be a one and done purchase, or is it going to be a subscription based service?  One and done, fine, it's no big deal price wise in the long run, but being required to use something that's a subscription based platform still in a nascent state is a little less easy to accept.  @vtjballeng 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 5:17 PM, mcoppola said:

P.S. you said "Arguably our most competitive region." I figured that was my cue....

I was being for realz

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 4:17 PM, mcoppola said:

They do say things are a bit "slower" in the South Mike!  Maybe they are just more along the same overall speed and that speed is a bit "slow" compared to the upper midwest!🤣

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2019 at 2:32 PM, Jer said:

I have inquired on the MR2 because I know the pitchforks and lanterns are still out.  I will advise when I learn more. 

So another year of the MR2 being swept under the carpet?  While the winless TBird remains double dipped?  More stuff lowered  so now I'm below 500 anyway.

Edited by Ron_e

1 hour ago, Ron_e said:

So another year of being swept under the carpet?  While the winless TBird remains double dipped?  More stuff lowered  so now I'm below 500 anyway.

It's not being swept under the carpet, it's being fudge-factored. 

That's the new term for not requiring everyone to play by the same rules. 

14 hours ago, Ron_e said:

So another year of the MR2 being swept under the carpet?  While the winless TBird remains double dipped?  More stuff lowered  so now I'm below 500 anyway.

I hate the MR2 not being addressed, that said, have you built a winless TBird yet and proved how terrible it is to justify getting the value lowered?  How many teams actually were damaged by the VPI increase, right or wrong, I'm genuinely curious.  If we are honest, the MR2, while completely under valued, has been built by what, 2 teams that have had success?(sorry bill). One of which, was consitently finishing roughly 50% of the races it entered?  Yes, I am very familiar with a mid-west team that built that platform to its potential without cutting it up like swiss chesse, doesn't get close to two hours on fuel, and is full of guys that an drive the crap out of that car.  It also took them 3-4 years of development to get it there.

Again, I disagree with its value, but I support the guys that built it and drive it 100%.  Build the TBrid, not the hodgepodge fbody that has been spouted here.  Dominate, or fail, then argue your point.  We can all sit here and speculate lap times and competitiveness of a platform on then internet, but until we actually see it, it is nothing more than speculation. 

Can we at least all agree that BMW sucks and e30's should get adjusted up?😉

• Like 3

I was. 3 years of buying parts. Had a game plane in place. I was as giddy as a school boy building his first bike. And then gut shot by the Mongols. 

A few fellow racers did not like what they saw. And........... well you know the rest. Bottom line it never made a race. The hordes won. I have since sold it and moved on. I was told it should have been a badge of Honor that my car received a points hit. Unfortunately I cannot bring myself to see it that way. 

As as far as the E30 it is correct point wise in my humble opinion. The E30 weight is comical. As is 4 other cars. All of this fussing could be eliminated if the BOP included a way to acquire fuel for some fuel starved platforms instead of jacking weights. Sadly we know this will not happen. 

1 hour ago, hotchkis23 said:

I hate the MR2 not being addressed, that said, have you built a winless TBird yet and proved how terrible it is to justify getting the value lowered?  How many teams actually were damaged by the VPI increase, right or wrong, I'm genuinely curious.  If we are honest, the MR2, while completely under valued, has been built by what, 2 teams that have had success?(sorry bill). One of which, was consitently finishing roughly 50% of the races it entered?  Yes, I am very familiar with a mid-west team that built that platform to its potential without cutting it up like swiss chesse, doesn't get close to two hours on fuel, and is full of guys that an drive the crap out of that car.  It also took them 3-4 years of development to get it there.

Again, I disagree with its value, but I support the guys that built it and drive it 100%.  Build the TBrid, not the hodgepodge fbody that has been spouted here.  Dominate, or fail, then argue your point.  We can all sit here and speculate lap times and competitiveness of a platform on then internet, but until we actually see it, it is nothing more than speculation. 

D9DB0DBC-0F49-45DC-9C24-4B9821C184EB.jpeg

Edited by Cam Benty
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, hotchkis23 said:

How many teams actually were damaged by the VPI increase, right or wrong, I'm genuinely curious.  If we are honest, the MR2, while completely under valued, has been built by what, 2 teams that have had success?(sorry bill). One of which, was consitently finishing roughly 50% of the races it entered?  Yes, I am very familiar with a mid-west team that built that platform to its potential without cutting it up like swiss chesse, doesn't get close to two hours on fuel, and is full of guys that an drive the crap out of that car.  It also took them 3-4 years of development to get it there.

If it's all speculation, then why was a car that never won a race hit with 50-points? It makes me believe that there are forces at work protecting the status quo. 

The Florida guys had the Kids Racing for Life T-bird sorted out and it was going to be very competitive in the southeast. They ran a :34 at Sebring in December. I've talked quite a bit with Victor (owner). He knew that they got hit with 50-points for 2019. The car suffered a serious engine failure in December. That, coupled with a 50-point hit makes it hard to come back. Cam was also building a car to bring out and that build got shelved. 

There's another platform we want to build. But seeing what happened with the T-bird, we've decided otherwise. Because if the series will do it with one unproven car, they'll do it with others that don't begin with a "B" or an "M". The issue is, we wouldn't build the car half-assed. And we're not going to build a car, within the rule set and to the limits of the rules, then get nailed a year later and have to re-engineer the car or take laps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Snorman said:

And we're not going to build a car, within the rule set and to the limits of the rules, then get nailed a year later and have to re-engineer the car or take laps. 

ChampCar is specifically trying to prevent people building to the limits of the rules.  The rules are too loose to allow it apparently.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuckyKid said:

ChampCar is specifically trying to prevent people building to the limits of the rules.  The rules are too loose to allow it apparently.   

I agree.  

When I chose my swap, I specifically did not build right to the limit.  I was and am concerned about getting smacked down.

The swap I chose made the car competitive and we even did well in a few races post swap.  

In other words, if you push the boundaries, expect to get some scrutiny and possibly get some laps.

• Like 1

What an absolute Croc. 

Name one car that has built to the limit the last 3 years that has won and been hit by points? 

Name one???

Go ahead I am waiting?? Name one

I will wait. 

1 hour ago, wvumtnbkr said:

I agree.  

When I chose my swap, I specifically did not build right to the limit.  I was and am concerned about getting smacked down.

The swap I chose made the car competitive and we even did well in a few races post swap.  

In other words, if you push the boundaries, expect to get some scrutiny and possibly get some laps.

Edited by Cam Benty
  • Like 1

Pretty sure ( I don't know which model they identify as) those pesky Saab's went up in value, they just haven't been whining about it...

Edited by ABR-Glen

The Civic/crx got hit through parts value and had to make many changes.

Aero cars got hit through "interpretation" and had to make changes.

I'm sure there are others who gained points value because of smaller changes not directly tied to base VPI value