Hey everyone! I’m new here and like all of you i’ve been bitten by the racing bug! I have a few HPDE and auto X events under my belt and I’m looking to make the next step to wheel to wheel. 

And I do understand the differences to wheel to wheel racing and track days.  But I was wondering about trying champCar out by doing arrive and drive.  What does a beginner like me need? (Aside from safety gear) I’d like to ideally find a team where I can learn from some seasoned veterans!

side note here’s a picture of my supercharged 2014 Camaro for attention 😂

70764325-C75D-4B32-A8C2-6EA511BDB397.jpeg

49 minutes ago, RickyBobby said:

I’m located just outside New Orleans know of any New Orleans teams? 

I do not, but there is a map on one of these threads with some team locations.  I'll see if I can link it tomorrow.

Show up to a few races and talk to a bunch of racers.  Help a team out with wrenching and see everything that goes Into this.

The worst thing you can do is sign up to drive with somebody and only show up when it's your time to drive and not help.

Even if you are paying a team, you are expected to help with pretty much everything from setting up the pits, to changing the diff, to packing everything up.  Anything that a race team would do.

And....  hold your line.  Haha!

It's not until November, but I highly suggest going to the Barber event.  For one, you will get to have some awesome access to a great track, and second this event will have a lot of experienced teams from all around the country racing there so you can really feel a lot of people out.

• Like 1

Volunteer for Champcar at a race, or help work the pits for a team so you can see how everything works. 

• Like 1