Safe way to mount 6pt belt to floor?

turbogrill

Hi,

What mounting hardware should I use to attach the crotch belt to the floor? I have a 6pt belt harness where I intend to install the crotch belt like this:

image.png.999a22e19753939c5be40623e5211b8f.png

The crotch harness has the following snapin brackets on the ends:

Snap In Bracket (B14)

What is the best approach to install the crotch belt:

Option 1:

Drill a hole and attach something like this:

Eye Bolts

I would drill a hole in the floor and use a large washer on the bottom of the car. Or some reinforcement plate.

Option 2:

Bolt In Bracket (B24)

Remove the snap-in and attach the harness directly.

Similar to the eye bolt I would drill a hole and use a large washer/ sheet metal.

Car is a 2006 Miata. 

Thanks

Although, slight rant...

Purchased a new Schroth Enduro belt for a personal car. It came with 6 eye bolts, but only 2 backing plates. By default the lap and sub belts have clips like shown in the 1st post. WTF? So you give me a harness that should need 4 bolts, but only 2 backing plates. Cmon now..

1 hour ago, mindspin311 said:

Although, slight rant...

Purchased a new Schroth Enduro belt for a personal car. It came with 6 eye bolts, but only 2 backing plates. By default the lap and sub belts have clips like shown in the 1st post. WTF? So you give me a harness that should need 4 bolts, but only 2 backing plates. Cmon now..

Normally two of those would go into the original holes for the OEM buckle and anchor points. 

Edit: they should be the same thread as OEM

Edited by IPF Racing

For those of you that are mounting eye-bolts thru floor with big washer - I am not questioning the effectiveness of this, but what I would question is the rest of the mounting system as a whole. Are your seats and rest of belts mounted to a fab'd seat frame that could shift in relation to the floor mounts?

Not meant to be critical, just to bring up constructive discussion. Our next set of belts will prob be 6-point, so these are things I'm thinking about. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gashouse Gorilla said:

Hey Turbogrill,

This is is how my cage builder installed the eye bolts for the crotch belt on my 280Z. Hope this helps.

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_1840.JPG

IMG_1841.JPG

Looks nice!

So here the "eyes" are facing 90 same direction as the belts, when it goes to the ground it's almost 90 degress.

this must be better