Aleru

The Sebring 14 Hour

5 hours ago, jbbugs said:

We had a new driver in the car who hasn’t run an event before. I apologize on his behalf. I guess he wasn’t paying attention in the drivers meeting 🙄.

I had the same issue with a slower, red Miata. He was probably a full half mile from catching up to the pack under FCY. I was waving and pointing to him non stop try get him to speedup -to No avail.  The same car pulled a few sketchy moves trying to block me while I was trying to get by him. He doesn’t know how close he was to getting punted out of the way. And I don’t drive like that!

We got slammed pretty hard by a red Miata as well. I wasn't in the car and haven't gotten the full story yet; but, here's a picture of the battle scars :) 

miata2.jpg

Editing out pace laps, working on posting the entire first stint.

Unrelated,

What team had the white/red rx7, a few of our team (and others through conversation) had issue making a clean pass even when they were obviously slower.

Just now, Team Infiniti said:

Editing out pace laps, working on posting the entire first stint.

Unrelated,

What team had the white/red rx7, a few of our team (and others through conversation) had issue making a clean pass even when they were obviously slower.

Hendricks Racing. Was Buddy Hendricks last year

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MoparBoyy said:

At this point it doesn't matter for this race, but since one of our cars is a rental team always announce over the radio to our drivers "Full course yellow, make sure you catch up to the car in front of you"

Its a habit every team should get into.  As it might not have affected your race, I was currently 3rd overall in the Cobra, catching the 2nd place car.  I closed the gap down to something like 15 seconds.  After the full course yellow was over, the gap had gone up to 55 seconds and everything i had worked on for the past 30 mins was gone.    

That would be very unsatisfying to say the least.  Just give me a nudge if I ever do that!  And I don't expect to need the nudge but just in case...

Had a great weekend. Even though we didn't finis.....again.  Made a good 8 hours and overheated rear end. Lost 5th gear. Didn't have radios most of the day.  Amazingly enjoyed the weekend. It was nice to spend time with good friends . We got a good car just need to get the monkey off our backs. Had some good close racing with really good cars. That's always fun. We will see y'all at AMP!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Neveready said:

Made a good 8 hours and overheated rear end.

Been there, What kind of car/fluid?

Usually there is more post race chatter, am I missing something?

Already posted in the tuttle incident, but in order, this is 10 to 42 min of the race, some rear facing vid to come as well.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 12:30 AM, dirtybird222 said:

- White Miata with blue racing stripes - same as above. 

That's my team. Thanks! I know I had a bunch of fun laps with your car. I'm sure the rest of the team did as well. 

<--- We had a little bit of character added by the 935 car heading into 7 that left some tires swirls on the door. 

And to car number 319, sorry about spinning out right in front of you in turn 10. Excellent work not hitting my car. Thanks for that!

We finished 18th overall as well. Our best finish in the south east so far. 

Edited by WastedAccounts
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, WastedAccounts said:

That's my team. Thanks! I know I had a bunch of fun laps with your car. I'm sure the rest of the team did as well. 

<--- We had a little bit of character added by the 935 car heading into 7 that left some tires swirls on the door. 

And to car number 319, sorry about spinning out right in front of you in turn 10. Excellent work not hitting my car. Thanks for that!

We finished 18th overall as well. Our best finish in the south east so far. 

Do you have Video of the 935 incident ?

• Confused 1

Anyone have contact info for someone from Empty Pockets Racing? I've sent a message to reidry already, but he's not read it. I sent it on Tuesday.

I owed them an apology and don't want them to think I/we are staying quiet. They are good guys as I talked to them a couple years ago at AMP.

23 hours ago, jakks said:

Anyone have contact info for someone from Empty Pockets Racing? I've sent a message to reidry already, but he's not read it. I sent it on Tuesday.

I owed them an apology and don't want them to think I/we are staying quiet. They are good guys as I talked to them a couple years ago at AMP.

13 hours ago, Mazmarc said:

I will text him later today.

Thanks for the text.

Replied to Jakks message, no apology needed, our driver should have seen them.  My apologies, we didn’t have video from that stint for me to review.

Ryan

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 7:05 PM, reidry said:

Thanks for the text.

Replied to Jakks message, no apology needed, our driver should have seen them.  My apologies, we didn’t have video from that stint for me to review.

Ryan

And we worked out how I didn't realize I'd hit someone...because I didn't! Well, I didn't hit @jakks anyway!  =P

And here's a highlight reel from our weekend:

0:55 Big slide in turn 15

1:08 'Impatient' beetle goes wide through the dirt =D

1:33 Surprise!  Mustang facing the wrong way in turn 1

2:59 Smoke and dirt in turn 10, no idea what happened

4:13 Suuuuuuper close call with red miata in the hairpin (1000% our fault, but driver managed to miss him - just)

4:40 Punted by the 66 mustang going into turn 10

5:05 BMW spin in the carousel

5:20 Run out of fuel at pit in

6:30 Infiniti goes for a drift in the grass around the hairpin

6:45 Kris goes 2 off in the carousel

7:02 Car 890 goes by on the inside entrance of turn 1, we go by 890 on the inside exit of turn 1 =D

7:18 Lack of horsepower demonstration aka bye bye corvette

7:55 Outside line of bishop around Fat Crack Racing and Inactive Motorsports

8:10 Goodbye CV axle

8:38 Shifter cables snap

Edited by krispykritter
  • Like 2

On 9/25/2019 at 10:54 AM, dirtybird222 said:

We got slammed pretty hard by a red Miata as well. I wasn't in the car and haven't gotten the full story yet; but, here's a picture of the battle scars :) 

miata2.jpg

Anyone know who/which red miata this was? There were four red Miatas in the field. Heard from other people they had contact from them as well. Haven't heard from them on what happened.

Edited by KCrossen

On 9/27/2019 at 7:16 PM, WastedAccounts said:

Yep, finally got it uploaded. 

It looks to me like the 935 got hit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWag said:

About the 1:10 mark of the 935 video to see the contact.

Thanks Clark. That's where I originally clipped it from....

• Like 1