Started off that way, have had 1 and 3 pc suits but prefer 2, as they are convenient to take off the top without having to fully change out.

I had a ex-nascar 2 piece suit for my first 4 years or so.  it was awesome because I can be ready for action in the pits and just throw a jacket on.  

When it was time for a new one I went one piece for safety and so I can race more places and meet the rules

• Like 1

I use both, a 2 piece old nascar suit in the car, and an old dirty 1 piece for pit stops. Love the convenience of the 2 piece. 

20 hours ago, IPF Racing said:

I use both, a 2 piece old nascar suit in the car, and an old dirty 1 piece for pit stops. Love the convenience of the 2 piece. 

I kinda want to go the other way. The one piece is great in the car, no bunching or gaps you can't fix on track but I wish I could throw on a pair of pants and be able to take the top half off between stops when fueling. 

• Like 1

One of my driver's does exactly that. My one piece just happened to be old and beat up so I went that way for me. Either way the convenience is hard to beat!

Pretty sure SCCA requires 1 piece. My guess is their fear is the two pieces would separate at the waist.

Don't need a red stripe around my beer-belly. :)

• Haha 1

! piece suit is most definitely safer.  Some organizations do not allow a 2 piece suit.

30 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

! piece suit is most definitely safer.  Some organizations do not allow a 2 piece suit.

I was waiting for this comment when you started the thread. 

• Haha 1

I have used a old NASCAR 2 piece suit for a few years. Never felt like it was a step back in safety, however those crew suits are very thick and pretty hot in the summer. Once you get a proper one piece driver suit (generally 1 piece) you will realize what you are missing.... 

I used a two piece for many years, convenient as others noted.  But I bought a new high dollar one piece that weights about 25% of my old suit.  Very happy now.  I still use my two piece suit for ice fishing though!!

• Like 2

On 10/29/2019 at 8:16 AM, Jer said:

I used a two piece for many years, convenient as others noted.  But I bought a new high dollar one piece that weights about 25% of my old suit.  Very happy now.  I still use my two piece suit for ice fishing though!!

What brand? I got touchy-feely with an Alpine Star in the race shop @ Sebring, I do not know if it is the lightest, but I was pretty shocked at how much lighter it felt than my suit. 

9 hours ago, pintodave said:

What brand? I got touchy-feely with an Alpine Star in the race shop @ Sebring, I do not know if it is the lightest, but I was pretty shocked at how much lighter it felt than my suit. 

I have a GP Tech....  trust me, you won't regret it.

• Like 2

On 11/5/2019 at 9:04 PM, pintodave said:

It was Racequip and HEAVY!  Makes for great warmth ice fishing but it was a hot suit in a race car.  Now it feels like I'm wearing pajamas. 

Edited by Jer

On 11/6/2019 at 6:26 AM, dogtired said:

I have a GP Tech....  trust me, you won't regret it.

Same.  It's awesome.  Tech wash is pretty good at getting stains out too and it's for race suits.  Be careful of what material you have though.

On 11/8/2019 at 2:48 PM, wvumtnbkr said:

Same.  It's awesome.  Tech wash is pretty good at getting usa today protonmail stains out too and it's for race suits.  Be careful of what material you have though.

I kinda want to go the other way. The one piece is great in the car, no bunching or gaps you can't fix on track but I wish I could throw on a pair of pants and be able to take the top half off between stops when fueling. 

•  
Edited by fsos

18 hours ago, fsos said:

•  

Buy a cheap two piece for fuel stops, keeps your good suit cleaner and makes for a more comfortable garment when not driving.  Same for gloves and shoes.