COTA fuel usage

Jer

• Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, Jer said:

For those who have run at COTA, how long can you go on fuel, and a comparison to similar tracks would be helpful!  Trying to figure out if we go with 4 or 5 drivers there.

Jer

Is there a price yet?

50 minutes ago, Jer said:

By how much?  My 1.8 might have as well, but the 2.4 Ecotec might not.  

Sorry Jerry, that was three years ago when we were just getting started, the data points didn't exist like they do today. 

Edited by Wink

On 10/3/2019 at 9:30 AM, Jab31169 said:

I feel like this is pretty close

giphy.gif

Preliminary, this is not in stone but it will be between $2000 and $2300.  Low end would not include a garage.  So more that a normal event at $1400-$1500, but not nearly what it cost for Indy ($2800).  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 3:10 PM, Jer said:

Preliminary, this is not in stone but it will be between $2000 and $2300.  Low end would not include a garage.  So more that a normal event at $1400-$1500, but not nearly what it cost for Indy ($2800).  

Good thing we've got all those big series sponsors keeping entry fees reasonable....{Green Font}

Do you have any idea how much it costs to rent COTA and Indy?  Just curious.  Entry fees are higher as a result.  If we aren't close to a sellout on each race we will lose a ton of money.  The other option is to not race there.  I wish it cost less.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2019 at 8:25 AM, Jer said:

Do you have any idea how much it costs to rent COTA and Indy?  Just curious.  Entry fees are higher as a result.  If we aren't close to a sellout on each race we will lose a ton of money.  The other option is to not race there.  I wish it cost less.  

Last I heard it was $55K/day at COTA, but that was a few years ago.  Probably more now.  I think I remember TWS being in the <$10K/day range to put things in perspective.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...