@IPF Racing almost everyone at Pitt knows what your taillights look like. So I posted that pic of the front of your car. 

2:01's = awesome!!

Nice 5th overall place Saturday. Sorry to see you guys had issues Sunday. Was great Pitting and hanging out with you all weekend. Way to go to 1 of our neighborhood gang!!

Edited by mcoppola
  • Like 2

Just now, mcoppola said:

@IPF Racing almost everyone at Pitt knows what your taillights look like. 

2:01's = awesome!!

Nice 5th overall place Saturday. Sorry to see you guys had issues Sunday. Was great Porto g and handing out with you all weekend. Way to go to 1 of our neighborhood gang!!

Thanks Mike! I can't believe we pulled that off with all the heavy hitters that were at Pitt, but it sure was quick! It was great hanging out as always!

• Like 2

I want to thank John from the Banana Splits for a super fun stint battle in the rain Sunday.  It was quite a battle as we gobbled up car after car.  Ultimately, he won the battle (dammit).  It was fun talking about it with him afterwards, good times!  This is why I do this.

Edited by Jer
  • Like 3

Clive from Ztek Racing:

Again would like to say thank you to Champcar and all the track workers for another great weekend. Weather was perfect and everyone went home so it was a great weekend.

We were finally able to put together a solid day on Sunday without axle failure and took the win for B class and finished 8th overall. I was first stint out Saturday and Sunday for the team. We believe we had another axle boot failure Saturday from me running over some debris which resulted to an axle change and then we had a throttle cable failure. The rest of Saturday was used as practice for Sunday as we know we would be starting from the rear. That ended up being 55th for Sunday and I had a great time chasing the Mopar 4 Life guys for that stint. I apologize for forgetting the drivers name as we did talk after that stint (Mike?). 

Overall we were excited to finish top 10 and look forward to the 2020 season with this car (95 Accord). My next race will be AMP with car #918.

Here is the first 15 mins of the race from Sunday:

Edited by EVILZ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EVILZ said:

Clive from Ztek Racing:

Again would like to say thank you to Champcar and all the track workers for another great weekend. Weather was perfect and everyone went home so it was a great weekend.

We were finally able to put together a solid day on Sunday without axle failure and took the win for B class and finished 8th overall. I was first stint out Saturday and Sunday for the team. We believe we had another axle boot failure Saturday from me running over some debris which resulted to an axle change and then we had a throttle cable failure. The rest of Saturday was used as practice for Sunday as we know we would be starting from the rear. That ended up being 55th for Sunday and I had a great time chasing the Mopar 4 Life guys for that stint. I apologize for forgetting the drivers name as we did talk after that stint (Mike?). 

Overall we were excited to finish top 10 and look forward to the 2020 season with this car (95 Accord). My next race will be AMP with car #918.

Here is the first 15 mins of the race from Sunday:

Hey Clive it was nice meeting you and talking near the end of Sunday's race when i came by looking for David. (eventually found the right one, lol) 

Congrats on your teams' strong run!

44 minutes ago, jeffFK7 said:

I would like to give a big thanks to Dominic Cincotta at PittRace and Bill Strong at ChampCar for letting me have access to the track and take photos.
I am still working on posting more photos as I go, but this is what I have at this point.

-Jeff

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8ioe56gE7JyAQGj2A

These are great, Jeff. Thanks for sharing!

14 hours ago, jeffFK7 said:

I would like to give a big thanks to Dominic Cincotta at PittRace and Bill Strong at ChampCar for letting me have access to the track and take photos.
I am still working on posting more photos as I go, but this is what I have at this point.

-Jeff

Jeff - some phenomenal photos in here!   What is the process for buying a picture set and/or large prints of my car?

Edited by NigelStu
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jeffFK7 said:

-Jeff

22 minutes ago, NigelStu said:

Jeff - some phenomenal photos in here!   What is the process for buying a picture set and/or large prints of my car?

Guest driver(s) also interested in some of these great shots!

Well done Jeff, thanks.

2 hours ago, mcoppola said:

Guest driver(s) also interested in some of these great shots!

Well done Jeff, thanks.

Well, I don’t have a process. I could provide you with the files and you could have them printed by any number of places that do printing. I recently gave up on my Epson photo printer after way too many issues with it thinking my $400 genuine Epson ink sets were not real Epson inks. So I trashed that printer and will never buy an Epson product ever again...and I'm probably never buying a photo printer ever again at that. It’s simply more economical now with places like local camera shops and internet stores like Adorama that do prints on exotic materials like cloth and metals to just have them make what you really want. They can deal with all the printer issues. I think most photographers just outsource prints to these kinds of places nowadays. 

Checking in from the Class B #820 Needsmoegas Nissan 240SX. We all had a great time running with ChampCar and despite some electrical issues on Saturday we were quite happy with our 3rd and 4th in class finishes over the 2 days.

I want to thank all of the people at ChampCar, all of the sponsors, all of the track workers, and all of the other drivers for making this a great first experience in wheel-to-wheel racing for me. I was the only newbie on our team, so new that the first time I ever drove the car was at the Test & Tune on Friday, so pulling out onto the hot track on Saturday as the 2nd stint driver was a huge eye-opener. I definitely made plenty of mistakes, overcooking turns and occasionally putting wheels off, driving in my mirrors, etc., and I'm sure I probably got in the way of some (much) faster drivers a few times but fortunately everyone gave me the racing room I needed to recover without any noticeable hand gestures.

Since everyone is sharing images and footage I'll throw some out there from my 2 stints (2nd stint both days).

Saturday highlights/lowlights: 

Sunday highlights/lowlights: 

If anyone is a glutton for punishment I have my full (at least as long as the battery lasted) Stint 2 from both days as well as my best single lap all on my channel here: My Channel

We're signed up for VIR in December so hopefully we'll see some familiar faces there and hopefully I can make a few less rookie mistakes.

• Like 1