FIA seat date?

Quicker10u

Hey, looking to sign up for Barber. Apex Predators Racing Firebird. Question is about the seat. We haven’t raced in about a year and we’ll have to tech the car. In order to avoid any violations, we are wondering about the seat. We have a FIA rated Cobra seat. Is it date sensitive? I think it’s a 2015 and we’ve used it for the 2018 season. We are changing out our belts and as they are past date now. Is the window net date specific as well?   Just trying to be prepared. Thanks in advance for your reply. 

BTW, tried to email from the tech page and it gave me an error. That’s why I’m posting on here. 

Ken ADAMS 
Car 912
Apex Predators Firebird 

3 hours ago, MichaelPal said:

I’m not so sure. That’s not how I read rule 3.3.5. It states nothing of FIA date. Are you seeing something I am not? 

3.3.5. All non-SFI or non-FIA rated seats must be within 3" of the shoulder harness bar or the diagonal main-hoop bar in its furthest forward position. For seats which do not meet this requirement, a seatback support MUST be used.

If your seat has expired, then it is no longer considered "FIA rated"  The rating is the thing that expires.  Just like SFI window nets.  After the date, its still a window net, just not an SFI window net.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SonsOfIrony said:

3.3.5. All non-SFI or non-FIA rated seats must be within 3" of the shoulder harness bar or the diagonal main-hoop bar in its furthest forward position. For seats which do not meet this requirement, a seatback support MUST be used.

If your seat has expired, then it is no longer considered "FIA rated"  The rating is the thing that expires.  Just like SFI window nets.  After the date, its still a window net, just not an SFI window net.

Good point. I agree that it could be interpreted that way. 

Going to need tech to confirm that, as that would necessitate a change on my part!

14 minutes ago, MichaelPal said:

Good point. I agree that it could be interpreted that way. 

Going to need tech to confirm that, as that would necessitate a change on my part!

I was asked by tech to install a seat back brace on my FIA, OMP HTE last year because the FIA rating expired at the end of 2017.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...