World Racing League Announces New Ownership

Press release seems like a lot of focus on moving the series more towards being a stepping stone or taking drivers "to the next level".  Good for them if thats where they want to go.  Probably good for champ too as its goes further from what I think Champ wants to be.  I certainly dont need to go to WRL and prep for the next level of racing, I know Im never going to reach that level, so just focus on having fun here with friends.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thewheelerZ said:

Press release seems like a lot of focus on moving the series more towards being a stepping stone or taking drivers "to the next level".  Good for them if thats where they want to go.  Probably good for champ too as its goes further from what I think Champ wants to be.  I certainly dont need to go to WRL and prep for the next level of racing, I know Im never going to reach that level, so just focus on having fun here with friends.

You must not listen to the live broadcasts very often, Bill loves to talk about how CC is a stepping stone for higher level racing. Which I agree with you, is not what CC should be trying to be. 

I think WRL is talking about themselves being the "next level" from this type of racing (CC and Lemons, "entry level", no experience required), that has always been a key differentiator for them. They haven't really promoted themselves (in the past anyway) as being a path to other racing, although there are aspects of that in the press release. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2019 at 8:37 PM, Huggy said:

AER came a week after the 24 one year.  Not sure I remember WRL coming.   That race was very lightly attended.

it is 3 weeks after the 24. I think I can turn a car around that quick.

If ya cant, I might be able to find a spot for ya if we take our M3 up for it.