Wink

National Championship Motorcade

5 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Wow.  I'm glad I don't have enough money to need to hire professional truck drivers to get to the races.

It would be silly to have a pro driver with my 1500 Chevy pulling an open trailer!

Mo money...  mo problems!😆

The great thing about this series is that there are big haulers parked next to open trailers.  You know what?  We treat the open trailer guy with the same respect that we treat the guy with a big hauler.

I spent time pulling my own trailer with my daily driver pickup truck and turning wrenches on my own car.  No crew...just me.  I still drive the same pickup truck every day, but my wrenching skills sucked.  We'll be at Barber in a couple weeks and at 9 events next year.  If you're at one of them, stop by our paddock and introduce yourself.  I hope you'll walk away seeing that we're normal guys, just like everyone else in the paddock.

Here's a pic of me and my dad at Sebring in 1983 with an open trailer and a Datsun 1200.  We've been at this a long time and figured a few things out along the way.

Buz and Brad SCCA GT-5.jpg

Edited by Round3Racing
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, thewheelerZ said:

Hmmm,, cant tell if sarcastic.... what I can say is that its time for @Round3Racing to go apply for his commercial drivers licence!!  

Not sarcastic.  It is a good idea which we had not considered, based on perceived cost.  But if it cuts travel time in half and one or both of the drivers can crew that weekend, it would work great.

6 hours ago, Round3Racing said:

Here's a pic of me and my dad at Sebring in 1983 with an open trailer and a Datsun 1200.  We've been at this a long time and figured a few things out along the way.

I met your Dad at Rd Am and we talked for 5 or 10 min.  Great guy, see you at Barber.  Drop by if you get a chance.

16 hours ago, Round3Racing said:

The great thing about this series is that there are big haulers parked next to open trailers.  You know what?  We treat the open trailer guy with the same respect that we treat the guy with a big hauler.

I spent time pulling my own trailer with my daily driver pickup truck and turning wrenches on my own car.  No crew...just me.  I still drive the same pickup truck every day, but my wrenching skills sucked.  We'll be at Barber in a couple weeks and at 9 events next year.  If you're at one of them, stop by our paddock and introduce yourself.  I hope you'll walk away seeing that we're normal guys, just like everyone else in the paddock.

I'm sorry if you thought that was an attack or me judging.  

I was serious.  That level of organization and logistics is more than I want to deal with!

I have no problem with people spending money in this series.  If I win the lottery, you will see me with a semi setup and about 5 cars and a full crew at champcar races.

18 hours ago, Round3Racing said:

Thank you for racing with us!!!

• Like 1

I strongly feel that people are only allowed to spend as much money as me.  No more.  I think that view is shared by many.

For real though, we would CONSIDER Sonoma if it was winner take all.  (I am not sure if we even qualify anyway, but if we did, its on the table).   Hopefully we qualify for the 2020 season and can have a shot at it in 2021.

Sebring pic is great.  I love the open single axle trailer in the background.   My first "race car" was a Mazda RX2(yes long before the RX7)  and a single axle "dune buggy" trailer.  Slept in the back of my early Ford explorer on a foam camp pad.  It was a great time in my life with friends racing.  Haulers and fancy cars dont make racing fun its the friends you drag to the track and friends you meet racing.  This is the reason i personally have come out of my own self imposed retirement to race again with my friends and hopefully make some new ones.  I'll definitely stop in and introduce myself.  

• Like 3

The last time I towed my '79 Pinto mini-stock to the local track for Saturday night events on a homebuilt single axle trailer behind my '54 Chev 1/2 ton was in 2001. Good times!

Tempted to show up with the Civic on that same trailer behind the '54 once the new road course track opens up next year.

• Like 1