2020 Official - 14-Hours of Road Atlanta

1 hour ago, LuckyKid said:

The video starts with red0 passing us for the lead under yellow.  Then we pass them at start finish, presumably under yellow.

I know that our driver could not see start finish displaying yellow, and its possible I called in green.  I am not sure if red0 saw the flag when he passed under yellow.

https://youtu.be/cckNIJKuslk?t=593

your video shows multi passes under yellow.  your driver looked at the corner worker holding double yellow, then passed the next car on track.

Annotation 2020-02-10 151529.png

Annotation 2020-02-10 1516223.png

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@vtjballeng The flagtronics unit worked too well!  I passed back the parts badger miata for the lead with about 10 minutes left in the race. Then my flagtronics unit went yellow, I focused on th

That fog was truly dangerous.  If anything, the race should have been called around 730.  We did about 5 green laps that decided the top 4 spots between 7:30 and 7:45 and I was screaming like a banshe

<pulls out camp chair, opens bottle of champagne, sets up ice bucket, settles in for the duration>

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, FlorahDorah said:

<pulls out camp chair, opens bottle of champagne, sets up ice bucket, settles in for the duration>

At least It'll take 7 hours before someone can watch all the videos and make a list of all of our indiscretions.   Over/under on how many pages this goes?

Edited by LuckyKid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, LuckyKid said:

At least It'll take 7 hours before someone can watch all the videos and make a list of all of our indiscretions.   Over/under on how many pages this goes?

Naah... I'm just here for the entertainment. If it goes too long, we'll have to talk about dessert then. 

Pretty safe to say that its unlikely the videos from the dark will make a definitive ruling, you just can't see that much.  I was in the car for the last stint, it sucked.  Stations seemed to either have yellow or nothing and it was impossible to tell if it was FCY or just local.

It was interesting to watch that due to so many safety cars, some folks benefited, others didn't.  I watched us go from P1 in class to full lap down because we got passed for the lead, then the pace car split us allowing the leader to go around and catch us up.  Nothing to be done about it, but with that many FCY's it just becomes a crap shoot.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, LuckyKid said:

Congrats on your win!

Glad we sat this one out- first one I've missed in about 8 years and I'm really not sad.

and welcome to the pointy edge of the series- just remember haters gonna hate...

• Like 5
1 hour ago, LuckyKid said:

Our fast lap 1:42.3 

I know I stopped by after the first stint on Saturday but I'm still raving about that run up through traffic with you guys.  Your driver thought me a few things about traffic negotiation while I was following.  SO MUCH FUN!

p.s. thanks for not cutting the clip until after I made the pass.  My ego really says thanks.  And happy you guys took home the hardware.  A big congrats.

On 2/10/2020 at 12:41 PM, LuckyKid said:

PartsBadger Writeup:.

• Second Half:   We were now in 26th place and about 3 laps down from the top teams.  We were on continentals and run really low camber and we knew that if we pushed to the end we still had a shot.!

What Conti tire were y’all on? Size? Great win! Cool car. 

Edited by frankrehnelt
4 hours ago, frankrehnelt said:

What Conti tire were y’all on? Size? Great win! Cool car. 

205/45-16's  They were for my street car, I bought them last year in case of a rain race and just waited as long as I could without putting them on the street car.   I will put them on the street car once its out of storage in April, but if the weather looks like rain, the cars going on blocks and we are stealing the tires again and taking them to the race.

Edited by LuckyKid
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, LuckyKid said:

215-16's  They were for my street car, I bought them last year in case of a rain race and just waited as long as I could without putting them on the street car.   I will put them on the street car once its out of storage in April, but if the weather looks like rain, the cars going on blocks and we are stealing the tires again and taking them to the race.

EtremeContact Sport?

9 minutes ago, Lethal Cliff said:

How many teams have a dedicated rain tire? 

I feel like some are missing out(that have the budget). There are some 280-350TW tires like Conti/Michelin/etc that if there is HEAVY rain you would have a major advantage. But need more wheels. Need the tires. Risk speed if it stops raining. Etc.

11 minutes ago, dinanm3atl said:

I feel like some are missing out(that have the budget). There are some 280-350TW tires like Conti/Michelin/etc that if there is HEAVY rain you would have a major advantage. But need more wheels. Need the tires. Risk speed if it stops raining. Etc.

The only way we justified the price was the fact that they will be used on the street.  It was actually my personal funds not our race budget and we have a larger then normal race budget. 

No way we would have caught up three laps in 5 hours on the leader without them, but we lost two of those laps putting them on, lol.

Edited by LuckyKid

We were fortunate to have our spare stock wheels. After skipping and spinning at Barber all weekend we were determined not to race white knuckled again. We tested the Continentals at AMP and they were very stable. Yes a steady rain is required to make them worth the investment.