UNOFFICIAL - Barber protest?

1 hour ago, morganf said:

For reference: In order to protest you must have protest forms filled out and $50  https://champcar.org/mainweb/pdf/2019TechProtestForm.pdf
image.thumb.png.ed44f1c5dd6c00b5fb3c9a9dbe297a64.png 

Rules indicate that, but past protests have been filed and upheld without official documentation. 

Or at least dqs have happened without. 

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 1

We learned from the whole tankgate situation to never again even go ask questions to anyone without a protest form and $$$ in hand.   Turning those things in force the series to take action and give an official ruling vs what happened in that situation.   Ask questions after turning in your form. 

Edited by Snake
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 55mini said:

So now we have a team caught read handed and let off in impound that won a race at Barber, really great news for the series.  Got to love it.

Lesson: big money  tech needs paper thrown for DQs https://champcar.org/mainweb/champcar-news/shell-to-partner-with-round-3-racing-and-shift-up-now-for-champ-car-endurance-series-at-barber-motorsports/

Edited by morganf

4 minutes ago, morganf said:

big money

This is the only key reason it did not happen period and I get that, still does not make it right in my book. I saw one of the cars in impound at RA and looked at the same parts and wondered really and no one said a word. Sad when no one sets up.

I was a pit marshal and had no skin in the game at that point.

Edited by 55mini
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 55mini said:

This is the only key reason it did not happen period and I get that, still does not make it right in my book. I saw one of the cars in impound at RA and looked at the same parts and wondered really and no one said a word. Sad when no one sets up.

I was a pit marshal and had no skin in the game at that point.

We were in 4th, but I don't know enough about boxsters to know that it was illegal.  Plus I was busy pulling up the BCCR while our wing and splitter was being measured by tech.

• Sad 1

Just now, LuckyKid said:

We were in 4th, but I don't know enough about boxsters to know that it was illegal.  Plus I was busy pulling up the BCCR while our wing and splitter was being measured by tech.

I was in a similar boat.. and had heated 'discussions' both days with jay in impound. Apparently nobody thought to actually poke me and tell me something was up, and apparently jay didn't think that car/team was justified in having a heated discussion with.

Edited by Slugworks Paul

Just now, LuckyKid said:

We were in 4th,

Yes Roy I knew that and was one also asked by jay to measure some of you aero and he was so focused on JSK not really looking at the Porsche.

I am all for enforcement but it needs to be done right.

1 hour ago, LuckyKid said:

Indy 500 driver, top budgets, top crew, big name sponsors, cheating and still only 3rd.  You've gotta admit ChampCar does have stiff competition!

You could say that, or you could also say cheater Porsche, SC300, cheater Porsche, 5 laps off the lead to an ex-cheater Mitsu, 2 more laps to a favoured MR2 and the also rans.   The real race was 7 laps off the SC300.  Hmmm, if that SC300 was a TBird it would probably get about 800 points next year. 

I have to laugh at people being up in arms about this.  Surly it should not be a surprise after watching the MR2 and the TBird, no?

One time I too spotted with eagle eyes the Moser symbol on some axles and they were absent from the log book.  The race director said where is your protest form?  Well yes the rules say you must have a form to protest but they also say you have to claim everything on your car.  I wondered which rule should take precedent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Technical Advisory Committee
8 hours ago, Hurljohn said:

Evidently you cant protest without a form....unless your car is an e46 and you pulled to the track in a bumper pull car hauler.

I wonder if Jason Tower filed a protest form when he was DQ,d after self-admitting his sway-bar

• Like 1