Slugworks Paul

UNOFFICIAL - Barber protest?

8 minutes ago, JCrist said:

All this chit chat because a team that was gonna protest didn’t end up protesting. Now it’s the series’ fault. Call me when you complete an official protest and the series says they don’t accept it, until then have the ducking balls to put your name on it.

All this is total bull cookies. 

Your lack of reading comprehension is astounding.

• Like 8

Regardless of the outcome, i think perhaps a friendly protest every time this team shows up at a race in 2020 is in order, no?

Shall i start a collection? Hell i might just pay for it myself.

Edited by Slugworks Paul
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Slugworks Paul said:

Regardless of the outcome, i think perhaps a friendly protest every time this team shows up at a race in 2020 is in order, no?

Hazing is so 2019. Totally down for it. I call protesting lug nuts.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Slugworks Paul said:

924069797_youkeepusingthatword.jpg.5bf65da1e18eae824a6d18e21e887240.jpg

20 minutes ago, SonsOfIrony said:

Your lack of reading comprehension is astounding.

Sorry brotein, I certainly missed the part where someone officially protested. The thread has gotten long and it’s tough to navigate it all on the phone. 

2 hours ago, Grufton said:

I think the point is he shouldn't have any reason to be unhappy with the decision, since he could have directed it to go otherwise.

A sidebar point is that there really was no "good" decision.  Either way someone ends up pretty upset.  He fell back on the main point, which is that there was no official protest. 

Dunno, been to races in Canada where the leader was kicked out on its way to impound. My vibe was everyone agreed. Sometimes you need to be a hole to be a hero.

4 minutes ago, zack_280 said:

A sidebar point is that there really was no "good" decision.  Either way someone ends up pretty upset.  He fell back on the main point, which is that there was no official protest. 

Isn't the main point that the car was illegal?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

Every BCCR has the required paperwork in it.

How many people have never even read the BCCR. How many people don't have a printed BCCR on them during impound..

Your embarrassing yourself Bill.  Sheesh 

in other words, “ok boomer”, paper is so 2018

• Haha 9
  • Sad 1

Gonna print a Protest form on a Giant Poster-board and keep it in the trailer.  

That way no one will be able to argue that the form was submitted or got lost :)

ZQd5kiu.jpg

Edited by the5
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

Every BCCR has the required paperwork in it.

How many people have never even read the BCCR. How many people don't have a printed BCCR on them during impound..

Did R3R read the BCCR when they failed to follow the rules and claim all their parts?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Jab31169 said:

One of the worst bits about it was the way the team of mechanics acted.  We are sitting there, looking at the rear and the lead flatbill hat guy starts getting pissy about it and says "Maybe you should worry about your own race program".  This is the apparent mantra of that team of mechanics/workers as they all appear to be spouting this across the internets.  I personally find it odd that a team with that much backing and a "race program" cant read a rule book or look at the book as more to be guidelines as opposed to rules.

That guy was a total jerk, he was also saying, "that's how y'all win races", and "stop looking over the fence". I heard him say both at least twice, if not 3 times and some other distasteful tidbits.This type of behavior is unnecessary, and inappropriate.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

I truly understand that official tech can't possibly see everything and be everywhere at every moment of pre- and/or post-race. I do not envy the jobs of any Champcar official or board member, none of it is easy. 

With that being said... what I absolutely can't process is tech wandering around post-race, a competitor pointing out something worthy of investigation, and blatant disregard for rule 5.4.5. On a team with a very recent history of the same behavior. Unconscionable. 

All of this projection back onto the Champcar competitors is hilarious. Clearly it is the memberships' fault this was allowed to happen 🤣 How dare you guys enable cheating by not having an ink-jet printer in your trailer. Oy vey. 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, TAlexander said:

That guy was a total jerk

Glad you have shared this as it tells the true side of a person, Rodger had shared some of this with me.

Really sorry this all happened but we all need to look to fix this and it starts at the top!!

If it is not fixed some will look to move on cause it takes all the fun out of the racing, and that to makes me sad.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, TAlexander said:

That guy was a total jerk, he was also saying, "that's how y'all win races", and "stop looking over the fence". I heard him say both at least twice, if not 3 times and some other distasteful tidbits.This type of behavior is unnecessary, and inappropriate.

That's the attitude he's allowed to take. There are no consequences for cheating, so why not act tough about it?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Your thoughts and feeling are not going unnoticed and are being addressed. None of us are perfect, but we do have excellent leadership advocating for the grassroots racers.

Edited by TAlexander
Word choice
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, TAlexander said:

Your thoughts and feeling are not going unnoticed and will be addressed. None of us are perfect, but we do have excellent leadership advocating for the grassroots racers.

Thank you Tiffany!

I talked to Rodger, and holy crap on the note of bullying. I'll let him speak for himself but maaan, no way  would I have handled it as well as he did.

Edited by Slugworks Paul
  • Like 1

Was is the same driver lineup in both R3R cars both days? We were pitted close and I can’t be certain that drivers were getting in different cars. 

Does anyone else agree the only way to deal with this correctly is, in part, to take away their wins/spots for the weekend?

Otherwise the solution will be what? 'We'll talk to them and make sure they're legal for next year'.  

So they can find another way to cheat? Too late. The damage is done. This really highlights both the inconsistency and shortcoming in enforcement but also the politics we're allowing our tech people to play. 

Edited by Slugworks Paul
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Slugworks Paul said:

We're good with that.

Paul glad you asked cause my take is they should loose the win with out question. Second they should go thru the same kind of tech at each and every race for a year

which is what I believe was what the Tuttle group was put thru.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, DaveH said:

Jer, if ChampCar is going to be sticklers about having a form submitted, then they need to make the form available at the race to anyone who wants one.  Saying, "we're a self-policing organization" and then putting barriers in place for that process to work is the definition of a chilling environment.  Its not like we're all hauling printers around in our trailers.

If anybody ever needs a protest form at a race, come and find us, we keep them in the books we have for each car.

33 minutes ago, Slugworks Paul said:

Does anyone else agree the only way to deal with this correctly is, in part, to take away their wins/spots for the weekend?

Without question.

There should be no statute of limitations on flagrant cheating.  Don't want to have your win taken away two days after the event?  Don't cheat.

It's in the BCCR.  1.3.8 clearly states "The act of disqualifying any car may occur at any time.

I don't see anything about protests.

Screenshot_20191125-220527.png

• Like 3

The team might not have had bad intentions.  Maybe they built the cars for something else and decided to run champcar.  Maybe they didn't realize the level of competition/scrutineering they would receive.  Now they know.  WE DON"T FVKC AROUND.