Aleru

The Alabama Grand Prix

At the end I think the "Pit road is closed" deal when its quiet hour is enforced incorrectly. I get no fuel but if the green flag is out you should be able to FIX a problem, replace a tire, brake pad whatever you need short of fueling up until the race goes red for quiet hour.

8 hours ago, Gkuhn41 said:

At the end I think the "Pit road is closed" deal when its quiet hour is enforced incorrectly. I get no fuel but if the green flag is out you should be able to FIX a problem, replace a tire, brake pad whatever you need short of fueling up until the race goes red for quiet hour.

So your saying if your in the pits and working to do service or at 15 minutes before red?  Or both maybe?

Kind of thick headed and want to make sure I understand your thoughts.

12 hours ago, Gkuhn41 said:

I get no fuel but if the green flag is out you should be able to FIX a problem,

I was working pit road and AFAIK you can fuel and fix a problem while the green flag is out assuming you were on pit road before the pits were closed.  But I had no radio, so I was basically just out there making up my own rules.

• Haha 2

At the end of the clip the driver notices a  problem with the car. Pit in says no work on pit road, pit road is closed; driver reports back that his car is broke and cant drive it like that; pit in responds that you can go to your stall and park it until after the quiet hour.

My understanding from our Gingerman Races was at 20min to quiet you get the 5 minute warning; at 15min to quiet pit road is closed; if you are on pit road you can finish your stop at that point and leave. If you come in after you will not be allowed to fuel but would be allowed to make a repair up to the quiet hour.

Im not blaming pit in, im just saying i dont remember that from our quiet hour experience. I think if the green/yellow flag is out a team should be allowed to make repairs to the car, no fueling but repairs only.

I may be way off too im as thick headed as @55mini!