anybody see what's up here

9 minutes ago, Black Magic said:

I can supply the slow half of the equation......

Points with your motor might be a problem....

Not planning the build. Just  a gut I know. He runs the car on Track days, he did the swap himself. The AMG engine alone probably costs more than we have in our entire build and then some.  I think the V6 was what 215? 

1 hour ago, TiredBirds said:

SLK R170 platform from Mercedes. .Owner says it is a direct swap...who knew? It's the 360hp version stick. 

I was shop foreman for an M-B (Daimler-Chrysler) dealership back in the day, and well, I knew. ;) 

Edited by mender

11 minutes ago, TiredBirds said:

The AMG engine alone probably costs more than we have in our entire build and then some.  I think the V6 was what 215? 

Buy one of these:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/03-04-05-06-Mercedes-Benz-S500-W220-ENGINE-MOTOR-EM/323984015912?hash=item4b6ef3c228:g:kJ0AAOSwJAxd0jUj&vxp=mtr

And one of these:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/03-08-Mercedes-W220-S55-E55-AMG-M113k-Engine-Supercharger-Kompressor-OEM-87k/143423090426?hash=item2164aeaefa:g:elYAAOSwlE9ds94W&vxp=mtr

And you've got around 500 hp for less than $2k - at least before the tuning.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Black Magic said:

I can supply the slow half of the equation......

Points with your motor might be a problem....

20180120_184909_Burst01-1040x780.jpg

I see a 190E stashed in the background....

i dont need another parts car i dont need another parts car i dont need another parts car i dont need another parts car 

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2019 at 7:13 AM, mender said:

Buy one of these:

And you've got around 500 hp for less than $2k - at least before the tuning.

ONLY 52,026 vpi points, you can make that up with only 473 penalty laps.

Maybe it would be a more interesting race if the penalty was equal to the advantage and you ended up with photo finishes.

3 hours ago, thewheelerZ said:

Wait a minute... is someone making a clown shoe SLK?! That thing looks cool as heck!

Down the street from me. Guy i share shop space (his shop my knowledge is my rent). Has been done for 2 years but mainly runs lemons. Done 2 champ races i think, has been at track recently as our "backup" car. 

The roof is actually off one of my neons. We needed something to make a roof since it is a convertible. The neon roof was really close in shape to most of the multi piece retract top.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gkuhn41 said:

I see a 190E stashed in the background....

i dont need another parts car i dont need another parts car i dont need another parts car i dont need another parts car 

Some of your contacts bought the 190 16v the owner of the slk had. That white 190 is a caged race car that he "Traded" for the SLK. I bet it could be for sale if interested (new owner in knoxville,TN is more interested in his other Merc racecars in lemons).

Edited by Black Magic

24 minutes ago, Black Magic said:

Some of your contacts bought the 190 16v the owner of the slk had. That white 190 is a caged race car that he "Traded" for the SLK. I bet it could be for sale if interested (new owner in knoxville,TN is more interested in his other Merc racecars in lemons).

We bought the 16v actually they just hauled it for us!

Then i followed it up with another 16v i found locally. so now we have 3 full 16v's.....as i said I DONT NEED ANOTHER PARTS CAR lol

• 2 weeks later...