2.4L Ecotec

petawawarace

7 hours ago, petawawarace said:

I believe some guys are running this motor in Miatas correct? If so, can anyone give me fuel consumption numbers? Roughly? 

Name your track.  At Road America 1.5 hours is stretching it.  At Hastings we were able to go 1:45+.  At Nelson Ledges it was 1:30.  I leaned out my tune so I hope we can go 1:45 at Laguna.  I suspect we will be fine.  Same for Sonoma.  But a lot of this is your driver-at Nelson Ledges our fastest drivers were barely going 1:25.  Our slowest driver went 1:45.  

Edited by Jer

1 hour ago, Jer said:

Name your track.  At Road America 1.5 hours is stretching it.  At Hastings we were able to go 1:45+.  At Nelson Ledges it was 1:30.  I leaned out my tune so I hope we can go 1:45 at Laguna.  I suspect we will be fine.  Same for Sonoma.  But a lot of this is your driver-at Nelson Ledges our fastest drivers were barely going 1:25.  Our slowest driver went 1:45.  

How many Gallons is that?

Tracks would be Mosport, Watkins Glen, and Calabogie.  I’m thinking Mosport and the Glen might be a lot shorter stints. 

Mosport will be shorter stints.  long straights!   WGI will be longer due to all the full course cautions.  You might get to two hours there early and struggle to do so later when there are fewer cautions.  I know nothing about Calaboogie.  12.7 gallon tank.  you can do the math.

Edited by Jer

11 minutes ago, Jer said:

Mosport will be shorter stints.  long straights!   WGI will be longer due to all the full course cautions.  You might get to two hours there early and struggle to do so later when there are fewer cautions.  I know nothing about Calaboogie.  12.7 gallon tank.  you can do the math.

Thank you very much. The car I’m looking at has a 13 Gal tank so that’s a pretty close comparison. Thank you very much. 

• Like 1