Bill Strong

What happened to your ChampCar today? - 2020

13 minutes ago, RandomTask said:

They came with the car as in that's they way the original car manufacturer made it? Or thats what the car had on it when you bought it? 

Can you put the spring perches where you want them then JB weld them in place? Technically they wouldn't be adjustable any more :D

If it works like the adjustable shock clarification then if it was at one time adjustable then it's still scored as adjustable even if you disable the adjustment. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

just looked up Cobalt suspension design.  looks like crap honestly, lol.  but you have to take points for the spring, the adjustable perch and adjustable shocks all separate.  thems the rules.  I'd ditch the adjustable shocks, waste of points.

Yes, and that’s how I read the rules. Except the perch and spring are 10 points together. I even stated that I was taking 100 for the shocks and 40 for the perches in my ticket.  I asked for clarification on the camber plates with the adjustable shocks since there’s no way to mount them with factory hats.   They said they were separate which is fine, but then they corrected me and said that the perches were included in the 25pts.   See why I’m pissed? 

1 hour ago, petawawarace said:

Yes, and that’s how I read the rules. Except the perch and spring are 10 points together. I even stated that I was taking 100 for the shocks and 40 for the perches in my ticket.  I asked for clarification on the camber plates with the adjustable shocks since there’s no way to mount them with factory hats.   They said they were separate which is fine, but then they corrected me and said that the perches were included in the 25pts.   See why I’m pissed? 

3 years ago i asked if i could get an adjustable shock sealed before delivery and not be tagged the 25 points. I got a yes answer, 3 months later i was told no by another competitor so i asked again and was given a “no” answer so there went 50pts. Then was told the same thing as you that the 25 for a shock included the perch but I didn’t think that was right so I left 40 points on the table. Then was told i was doing it correctly 25/shock 10 for spring/perch. 

Again this was long before the tech desk.

2 hours ago, petawawarace said:

I'm surprised you're getting the spring and the perch for 10 points. They are separate items on the Tech Sheet and FV list lists "Suspension springs, non-OE coil springs" and "Adjustable spring perches...giving ride height adjustability". However, I agree that the combo should be 10 points total. As others have said, ditch the adjustable shocks, save the points for where they are more valuable. 

117234961_915897948901648_39294722182763

1 hour ago, Snorman said:

I'm surprised you're getting the spring and the perch for 10 points. They are separate items on the Tech Sheet and FV list lists "Suspension springs, non-OE coil springs" and "Adjustable spring perches...giving ride height adjustability". However, I agree that the combo should be 10 points total. As others have said, ditch the adjustable shocks, save the points for where they are more valuable. 

117234961_915897948901648_39294722182763

If you claim the perch, you can also claim the non oe spring for 0. That’s why it says “ includes spring”. It also says it in the bccr

6 minutes ago, petawawarace said:

If you claim the perch, you can also claim the non oe spring for 0. That’s why it says “ includes spring”. It also says it in the bccr

Ahhh...I missed that. So it's the same value as a coilover, which makes sense. But can you run a coilover on the rear of a Cobalt? 

6 minutes ago, Snorman said:

Ahhh...I missed that. So it's the same value as a coilover, which makes sense. But can you run a coilover on the rear of a Cobalt? 

No, but you can run adjustable height perches.