HoserRacing

Hens Teeth - 245/40/15 tires wanted

OK, have I just turned into a complete idiot, or have manufacturers stopped making 245/40/15 tires?  Started looking for a set for next season, and not saying anything at Tire Rack for the Hankooks.  Try to couple of other sources, the only thing I found were the Rivals. Not a huge fan, anyone else have anything they are running in that size with good experience?

Tire Rack sold out for the season and when Hankook decides to ship again they will have them, same drill every year. They normally have them in late march or early april.

It’s been like this with RS3/RS4s for at least 5 years.  We stock up on them in late October.

I have a bunch of used sets if you want them.

7/32nds set 
8-10 Lap day set
hodgepodge set - Our take offs >5/32nds  less than 3 races, two will have small flat spots.

I also have 6 spares on rims.  I can let go of two of them.

28 minutes ago, LuckyKid said:

7/32nds set 
8-10 Lap day set
hodgepodge set - Our take offs >5/32nds  less than 3 races, two will have small flat spots.

How much for the 8-10 day set? Feel free to text me two six 0 four four 5 eight seven four 2

2 hours ago, LuckyKid said:

7/32nds set 
8-10 Lap day set

Interested in the 7/32nds set. Where are you located?  Thanks!  I just got confused when I looked at Tire Rack & they didn't even have a back order option for the tires.  Needing a wider set for the 944 I'm racing with, wider is better :) 

2 hours ago, HoserRacing said:

Interested in the 7/32nds set. Where are you located?  Thanks!  I just got confused when I looked at Tire Rack & they didn't even have a back order option for the tires.  Needing a wider set for the 944 I'm racing with, wider is better :) 

I am in Milwaukee, WI.  I think Huggy is going to get the 7/32nds set.   Let me get a better look at the 5/32nds set for you.

11 minutes ago, enginerd said:

What is “Hens Teeth”?

Something that doesnt exist.  Chickens don't have teeth.

Therefore, something rare.  Like Hankook 245/40/15's, which hankook cant seem to figure out are in HIGH demand.

• Haha 1

Here is the hodgepodge set:

2 x 6/32 - 7/32 - 2018 Date Code

1 x 6/32 - Small Flat Spot - 2018 Date Code

1 x 6/32 - Groove from rubbing fender - 2018 Date Code

Pictures below.  I will see just the two with no issues.

Tyler is also not interested in the 8-10 lapday set.  That has 2017 date codes and 5/32nds to 6/32nds of tread.

The 7/32nds set is sold.

Groove.JPG

Tires.JPG

2 hours ago, HoserRacing said:

Southern saying, when something's hard to find, you say it's harder to find than hen's teeth, which don't exist.  

Is “learn me” another southern thing? Most people would say “teach me”, but I have seen “learn me” written a few times on this forum. 

12 minutes ago, enginerd said:

Is “learn me” another southern thing? Most people would say “teach me”, but I have seen “learn me” written a few times on this forum. 

It may also be an eastern Canada thing too....

Image result for ricky book learning quotes

• Haha 1

Not in the broad sense, no; I believe it's more of a regional thing that has been affected by people just trying to be goofy.  It is interesting how certain areas have sayings that can be completely foreign to other parts of the state, region or country.  I heard someone use the phrase "Upright and sniffing the air" when asked how they were, and I throw that out occasionally myself now.  Not sure where they got it, and I get weird looks sometimes when I use it, but haven't tried running down the origin.   

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Huggy said:

Something that doesn't exist.  Chickens don't have teeth.

Well, to be pedantic, they do have one tooth very early in life but it disappears quite quickly.

Hence, the use of that phrase in relation to 245/40-25 tires seems very apropos. :) 

Edited by mender
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HoserRacing said:

I heard someone use the phrase "Upright and sniffing the air" when asked how they were, and I throw that out occasionally myself now.  Not sure where they got it, and I get weird looks sometimes when I use it, but haven't tried running down the origin.   

Image result for gogher tanding"

• Haha 2