Jer

Indy 2020-looking for drivers

Trying to decide on fielding a team for Indy.  Only 8 spots left so I need to make a call soon.   Looking for three experienced drivers who will take care of the car and are adequately fast.  Don't need aces but don't want any anchors either.  Drive time would be 1:40 minute stints, hopefully two of them (one each day).  Trying to make this affordable, PM me if interested.  You won't find a better price for this race. 

The car is an Ecotec Miata that is fast and fun to drive.  If you for whatever reason do not get to drive, I would refund 1/2 your money.  If you wreck it, you buy it.  

IMG_3844.jpg

Edited by Jer
  • Like 4

Fastest car in the race at Laguna.  

• Like 2

This car had great speed at Road America too. 

Jer - because it is a smaller car, it may be worth adding your height limit to the info provided. 

And a value on "you wreck it you buy it"  🙂 or not

We can vouch for the car being fast as we ran head to tail with it at Hastings all day on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Racer28173 said:

This car had great speed at Road America too. 

Jer - because it is a smaller car, it may be worth adding your height limit to the info provided. 

Good idea.  I think anyone taller than 6’1” might struggle.  We’ve had a 6’2” driver. But he was cramped.  

25 minutes ago, 55mini said:

And a value on "you wreck it you buy it"  🙂 or not

We can vouch for the car being fast as we ran head to tail with it at Hastings all day on Saturday.

If the car is damaged, pay to fix it.  If totaled, it depends on what survives.  Assuming a complete loss, 7K.   

Price is $1500 for the weekend.  With that huge entry fee I’m going to come out behind but I want to do this race. 

A total of six including myself.  I had three before I posted.  It looks like I have a 4th confirmed and a possible 5th.  We will have an entire spare powertrain we could dump in the car if needed too so a catastrophic engine failure wouldn't ruin our weekend.  With hands to help we should be able to replace the powertrain in less than three hours.  

Edited by Jer

16 hours ago, Jer said:

Good idea.  I think anyone taller than 6’1” might struggle.  We’ve had a 6’2” driver. But he was cramped.  

I can confirm that. I don't think it would stop me from trying again though :)

• Like 1

Are you interested?   You are always welcome in my car. 

Certainly hit me up if you get desperate, but I think you'll have plenty of drivers to choose from at that price.

I'm still not sure what my plans are for this year, so I can't commit to anything yet. 

• Like 1

Your cheap!!!!!

Oh wait I mean the price of the stint. Get it while you can as it is a good deal.

5 hours ago, 55mini said:

Your cheap!!!!!

Oh wait I mean the price of the stint. Get it while you can as it is a good deal.

I know it's cheap but I wanted to go.  Once someone told me derisively that Indy was a "giant autocross" I knew I had to go!  {former CS Pro Solo SCCA Nationals winner haha).  I don't want to screw around, so $1500 it is. 

Edited by Jer

We could work it out.  One would start on Sunday though.  

Edited by Jer

36 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Ed, you want 1 stint and I'll take the other?  I mean, if it's okay with jerry?

7 minutes ago, Jer said:

We could work it out.  One would start on Sunday though.  

Yikes, stop that, now to ponder things and stuff.... Wonder if I could hook a ride up w/Elon?

I would be willing to do the one stint for $750.  I am entered with my own Miata already but I missed last year and have some catching up to do.  I think we could make it work if we pit/garage together.  I also have a free entry burning a hole in my pocket if you know anyone wanting to trade entry fee for a couple stints at Daytona or Laguna Seca. 

Edited by Hugh Jass