2020 Southern Mini-Championship

Bill Strong

• Administrators

Here is the schedule of mini-championship.

Southern Championship

Daytona International Speedway - 1 race

Palm Beach International Raceway - 2 races

Sebring International Raceway - 1 race

Mini-Championship Race Format 

Your points are your finishing position minus EC Class. Points from each day adding to the Championship total. In the event of a tie at the end of the Championship (ex, two teams finish 1-2 & 2-1 on sat/sun), the higher finishing team on Sunday of the last race gets the Championship. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, enginerd said:

What are the details of these championships? How does one win?

Ive asked that a couple of times int he Northern Championship/ChampCanada thread.  Details are sparse besides "needing to run in all the races", which kind of takes our team out of contention as we have a personal conflict on the WGI weekend.

9 minutes ago, thewheelerZ said:

Ive asked that a couple of times int he Northern Championship/ChampCanada thread.  Details are sparse besides "needing to run in all the races", which kind of takes our team out of contention as we have a personal conflict on the WGI weekend.

What is the link to the thread & hotels in the area ?    Whitby?

No thread with real details on specific races I dont think.  Just this one:

As for hotels and such, nothing is really all THAT close to Mosport.  A few BnBs out in the country, otherwise Bowmanville down by the 401 highway is the closest.  Whitby is another 15 minutes or so down the highway.  Plenty of good areas to camp at Mosport though with lots of green space inside the facility.

If you do happen to be in Whitby, check out either The Brock House or Hot Rocks, two great restaurants (that happen to sponsor our team!).

• Like 3

On 1/8/2020 at 12:56 PM, Bill Strong said:

Southern Championship

Daytona International Speedway

Palm Beach International Raceway

Sebring International Raceway

How was this not called the "Florida Man Championship"?!?!?!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 1/10/2020 at 11:30 PM, Team Infiniti said:

In

If I could talk my teammates into Palm Beach we would be there too...  atlas, they have raced there and think its boring...  

Edited by Justin9

• 4 weeks later...
  • ChampCar Staff
On 1/13/2020 at 7:35 AM, Justin9 said:

If I could talk my teammates into Palm Beach we would be there too...  atlas, they have raced there and think its boring...  

You haven't seen the format yet. I've been working with the track on some options so it's not always just the configuration you're used to.

Dana

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DuncanDana said:

You haven't seen the format yet. I've been working with the track on some options so it's not always just the configuration you're used to.

Dana

Evil Knievel jumps?  Figure eight?  Half the track on dirt?  Don’t try and talk us into adding more races to our schedule! 🙈

56 minutes ago, Ronh911 said:

Evil Knievel jumps?  Figure eight?  Half the track on dirt?  Don’t try and talk us into adding more races to our schedule! 🙈

Trying to hard man...  he's booking us a rallycross event

• Like 2

• Administrators

Mini-Championship Race Format 

Your points are your finishing position minus EC Class. Points from each day adding to the Championship total. In the event of a tie at the end of the Championship (ex, two teams finish 1-2 & 2-1 on sat/sun), the higher finishing team on Sunday of the last race gets the Championship. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can we call them Triple Crowns or something? Championship is confusing. I couldnt find a mention of this on the champcar website or even facebook. Admittedly I didnt try that hard but if I don't know about this then lots don't 

Edited by Jamie

• Bill Strong changed the title to 2020 Southern Mini-Championship