Official 2020 - TireRack.com Indy Double-10-Hour Enduro

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, some of you guys really hate restrictions... we aren’t doing Indy this year (for other reasons) but would love to go back next year. And if next year Indy says we have to walk backwards to the fu

Indy's ridiculous restrictions are 100% why I did not want to return, and most of the guys I went with felt the same way.   Locked gates everywhere 58 people telling me where to park

2020 had all the indications for a record year for ChampCar.   I'm confident that 2021 will pickup where 2020 left off.  Teams will be hungry for some racing.

Posted Images

We have had some teams drop. Let's get this back to a sellout.
Supps updated after our meeting with track officials last week.
Legal waivers added, and the waiver pack added to events page

Supps V2
https://champcar.org/register/supplementalrules/412.pdf

1 set of waivers
https://champcar.org/mainweb/pdf/waivers/WaiverPack-Indy.pdf

Sadly we have had to withdraw from this race. I wish all teams a safe and fun event. We could only come up with 2 drivers and no crew. Indy seems like such a massive place and the race is 10hrs each day that 2 people could not make it through the weekend. We will look to run another race later in the year. 

Edited by TimS
  • Sad 1
22 minutes ago, TimS said:

Sadly we have had to withdraw from this race. I wish all teams a safe and fun event. We could only come up with 3 drivers and no crew. Indy seems like such a massive place and the race is 10hrs each day that 3 people could not make it through the weekend. We will look to run another race later in the year. 

Geez Tim you still have some time to find both.

8 hours ago, DEE DEE said:

Geez Tim you still have some time to find both.

But I have to pay and commit to the race Monday. At this point I don’t want to wait and cancel last minute. It also gives the other driver a chance to find a ride. I’m not happy as I had been working for the last year to run Watkins Glen and Indy this year. 

Edited by TimS
  • 2 weeks later...

Previous race requirement removed. Have some spec racer friends in the SCCA ort NASA that need track time? get them signed up!

On 8/12/2020 at 12:08 PM, Bill Strong said:

Previous race requirement removed. Have some spec racer friends in the SCCA ort NASA that need track time? get them signed up!

Wish this would have been removed earlier... had to cram in VIR to do indy :/. 

That stated, supps state age 18 and up in the pit. Are less than 18 allowed in the paddock? 

Thanks,

47 minutes ago, andrew240z said:

are bicycles allowed ?  

They aren’t just allowed... I would say that they are required. Seriously huge place. Bring one for every team member. And bring a cart to pull fuel jugs around. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, enginerd said:

They aren’t just allowed... I would say that they are required. Seriously huge place. Bring one for every team member. And bring a cart to pull fuel jugs around. 

This times 100.  If you are pitted near pit out, you may discover that it is a 20 minute round trip walk from your hauler to your pit (maybe you will get lucky and they will open up some more gates, but I wouldn't count on it).  And don't assume you will "get by with it" if you bring anything motorized or otherwise prohibited- they have a gazillion people walking around enforcing everything.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, BEM6870 said:

Who is providing the F&C (corner workers) for this event?  I will be near Indy for work that week and was thinking of signing up if SCCA is providing.

Corner workers at this event are provided by the track. If you're interested in working it, contact the track through their operations section.

Dana

14 minutes ago, RandomTask said:

Oof, we're down to 72....

I was thinking the same thing. With car count down it should make parking easier and we all should be able to park in the one lot (red tag area from last year). It would be nice considering what is going on if they would allow for more gates to be open to get on/off of pit road to help spread people out more. Also as of right now the temps and weather is looking great for the race, low 70's and no rain as of right now. Far better forecast than last year.

This will most likely be the last year for Indy for a bit. Looks like we may lose our ass on this one with the amount of teams pulling out. It's bad peeps. It's bad.

• Sad 5

Seriously. We need more car entries. We had about 10 "arrive & driver" teams pull out this past weekend as they could not fill their seats. That's almost $30k lost.

Indy's ridiculous restrictions are 100% why I did not want to return, and most of the guys I went with felt the same way.

Locked gates everywhere

58 people telling me where to park

No scooters, electric power, etc

No karts

Leave at 8 pm (to do a transmission swap in a trailer park parking lot...)

3 hours in line to buy overpriced fuel

Not trying to be negative, but when you have the meeting with indy, these details are things teams consider when deciding what track to go to. 

The novelty of Indy is worth putting up with once, after that sometimes it wears off a bit.

Edited by Huggy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3