Official 2020 - TireRack.com Indy Double-10-Hour Enduro

18 hours ago, RandomTask said:

We're doing indy this year for the novelty but their restrictions are beyond onerous to the point of bad faith. I've already concluded we will not be doing indy next year. 

Mid Ohio used to be like this in the post Jim Trueman / pre Green Savoree days (Barb Trueman). It was expensive and onerous to both competitors and organizers. I think they hired extra staff just so more people could be mean to you...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, some of you guys really hate restrictions... we aren’t doing Indy this year (for other reasons) but would love to go back next year. And if next year Indy says we have to walk backwards to the fu

Indy's ridiculous restrictions are 100% why I did not want to return, and most of the guys I went with felt the same way.   Locked gates everywhere 58 people telling me where to park

2020 had all the indications for a record year for ChampCar.   I'm confident that 2021 will pickup where 2020 left off.  Teams will be hungry for some racing.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Burningham said:

...for all the reasons of racing at the mecca of motorsports in the good ole US of A. I am grateful to CCES for giving us the opportunity.

Not sure what you're worried about, CCES races at Daytona every year. 

For those on the fence, and in case it matters to you, hotels are CHEAP!  $79 for a Hampton Inn.  I'm staying at the RV park by the track and paying more than that per night.

Agreed that Indy really needs to open some of the gates to the pits (that was a bit much), but it is a really cool track that fostered fun racing, which is what this is all about.  We brought two cars last year and neither had a clean run, but was worth every single dime.  One car this year and super psyched to enjoy this great track. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, eyeballs19 said:

For those on the fence, and in case it matters to you, hotels are CHEAP!  $79 for a Hampton Inn.  I'm staying at the RV park by the track and paying more than that per night.

Agreed that Indy really needs to open some of the gates to the pits (that was a bit much), but it is a really cool track that fostered fun racing, which is what this is all about.  We brought two cars last year and neither had a clean run, but was worth every single dime.  One car this year and super psyched to enjoy this great track. 

Yeah even the closest hotel, Courtyard Marriott (just had opened for last years race), was going for $109 the last I checked. Also if you already had booked recheck the rates as a lot of places have lowered. I originally had a Hilton Garden Inn booked on points and I went and rechecked it and was able to save about 33% (the room was 30k and went down to 19k per night on points). 

Also do we have the final sups with the final procedures (parking & COVID) along with the pit assignments? 

Edited by gsmith2424
20 minutes ago, gsmith2424 said:

Also do we have the final sups with the final procedures (parking & COVID) along with the pit assignments? 

yeah there was an email earlier this week

5 hours ago, Snorman said:

Not sure what you're worried about, CCES races at Daytona every year. 

You misread, I didn’t say the gold ole boy mecca of motorsports In the U S of A, I said the mecca of motorsports in the good ole U S of A. 

• Haha 4
39 minutes ago, Burningham said:

You misread, I didn’t say the gold ole boy mecca of motorsports In the U S of A, I said the mecca of motorsports in the good ole U S of A. 

Quoted so we can laugh again. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Burningham said:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, gsmith2424 said:

Anyone have the links to the final entry procedures (parking and COVID) and pit assignments?

Sorry I meant to reply to your other post. Message me your email and i will forward the one sent out. 

On 9/3/2020 at 10:51 AM, TimS said:

we aren’t an arrive and drive team but I could not find enough people to drive even for no charge. It’s unfortunate but it is a byproduct of all the covid nonsense. 

What, A free ride for Indy?  ...Let me just crack out my credit card, book a flight, race, Quarantine when I return to Canada for 2 weeks...lol.

Wait, I got another Race Sept 19...I can't be sitting in Quarantine...

5 hours ago, Silverbeast said:

What, A free ride for Indy?  ...Let me just crack out my credit card, book a flight, race, Quarantine when I return to Canada for 2 weeks...lol.

Wait, I got another Race Sept 19...I can't be sitting in Quarantine...

These were some of the answers I got as well as others.  I think everyone understands that the entry fee is the easy part of a race weekend equation.  I hope indy makes it onto the the schedule for 2021

Edited by TimS
Grammar
1 hour ago, TimS said:

These were some of the answers I got as well as others.  I think everyone understands that the entry fee is the easy part of a race weekend equation.  I hope it makes onto the the schedule for 2021

I agree. This year was kinda of a fluke as we got COVID right now and with travel restrictions in some states for people returning it makes it tough for teams to get a full slate of drivers. We gotta remember before everything started with COVID we were at a full field (110 cars). So hopefully that is taken in to consideration.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, gsmith2424 said:

I agree. This year was kinda of a fluke as we got COVID right now and with travel restrictions in some states for people returning it makes it tough for teams to get a full slate of drivers. We gotta remember before everything started with COVID we were at a full field (110 cars). So hopefully that is taken in to consideration.

2020 had all the indications for a record year for ChampCar.   I'm confident that 2021 will pickup where 2020 left off.  Teams will be hungry for some racing.

• Like 6
Last year Indy was the big deal of 2019! This year it's just another race right?

No? Indy is still a big deal? Ok, fine then, Indy is still a big deal!

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

I don't usually get up on my soap box before an event, but this time I will. Whether you were there last year, or this is your first visit, take a few minutes to soak in where you are. Especially Friday, the race days are busy, and it's easy to get caught up in the hectic events on Friday. But carve out some minutes to just walk through and take it all in. 

Gate Entry and Waiver Process - The process will be similar to other events this year, beginning with the waivers. Each person entering the track on Friday must have all 4 waivers printed and signed when they arrive at the pre-entry lot across from the speedway. Again, that's everyone, staff, drivers, crew, kidnap victims, everyone must have all 4 waivers printed and signed. Also, every person entering the speedway will have their temperature checked, any person with a temperature over 100.4 F will not be allowed to enter.

So how will this work?

Step 1, teams arrive on Friday and check-in at the "ticket booth" in the parking lot across from the speedway. Team Captains will be given color-coded parking passes for vehicles. These color-coded passes must be displayed on the dashboard of each vehicle and will determine where the vehicle is directed once entering the track.

Step 2, each person will hand in their signed waivers and have their temperature scanned. You will then receive a "waiver wristband." This wristband signifies you have turned in your waiver and passed the temperature scan. This wristband must be worn all day.

Step 3, teams enter the Speedway at Gate 2. Each vehicle will be directed to a specific parking area based on their parking pass. Please note that only haulers will be allowed into the garage area, all other vehicles will be directed to the paddock or parking lots.

Step 4, Tech, Registration, Gear Check, blah blah blah.. And more wristbands. Remember you will receive your driver or crew wristbands that must be worn in addition the temperature scan wristband.

Step 5, Saturday, when you enter the track you will have your temperature scanned, again. You will receive a new (different color) wristband. You can take off your Friday wristband, and now wear your Saturday wristband along with your driver or crew wristband.

Step 6, Sunday, you guessed it, temperature scan in the morning, new colored wristband for Sunday.

Ok, a couple more things about Covid. Please remember than the procedure changes we are making are centered around our attempts to reduce large gatherings of people. This is why we only want one person in Tech and Registration. Also, we will not be conducting a group drivers meeting or award ceremony. 

If you arrive Thursday night, you can park your trailer across from the track in the staging lot, but be advised that this area is not secured or patrolled.  If you study this map it will help you visualize how the process will flow.  We will have signs inside the track, but study this anyway. 

Paddock and Parking - All vehicles entering the infield must have a parking pass displayed on the dash.  Tow vehicles renting a garage will get a BLUE tag.  Tow vehicles without a garage will get a GREEN tag.  Personal cars will get a ORANGE tag.  Each race car entry will get One (1) BLUE or GREEN tag plus Two (2) ORANGE tags.  Please plan accordingly.  Team vehicles in excess of the three vehicle limit will be issued a YELLOW tag and will park in the overflow lot by the museum.  Indianapolis will strictly enforce the parking restrictions.

If you rented a garage, proceed with your tow vehicle into the garage area and unload your car and equipment as quickly as possible into your assigned garage.  Once complete, take your tow vehicle and trailer to either the large or small trailer drop as noted in the parking map.  You may leave your tow vehicle in the lot all weekend, or use it as your transportation all weekend, but you will always park in the lot that corresponds with your parking tag. 

Drivers Meeting Video - The virtual drivers meeting video is here.

Please take a few minutes to watch it. And remember, we spent a total of Zero Dollars on this quality production, so we couldn't hire any better actors.

New to ChampCar / Novice Video - It's not a requirement for this race. However, if you have not raced with ChampCar recently, or if your team wants a more in-depth review of our race procedures, I encourage you to watch the new to ChampCar video here.

Pit & Garage Assignments - Click here for your pit assignments.  Click here for your garage assignments.  If you would like a garage and forgot to select one when you registered, we still have some open garages available.  Email me to reserve one and I'll reply back with your garage number.  Pit Map Garage Map

Transponders If you entered a transponder number (or entered anything really) while you where registering we assume you're bringing your own.  Please verify that you have entered the correct number or that you reserved a transponder if you're not supplying your own.  If you use a subscription based MyLaps X2 transponder, make sure your subscription is current.  When your subscription ends, the X2 will not count laps!

Tech - If you have a 2020 Annual Tech Inspection, with the sticker on your car, you do not need to bring your car through Tech. If your car does require a Tech Inspection for 2020 please have all you paperwork completely filled out before arriving at Tech. Only one person, preferably the Team Captain, needs to acompany the car. Remember, we are trying to reduce areas of large gatherings. Tech will open at 10AM on Friday in garage 1C/32C.    

Registration - First, before you even come to the track, like right now, log-in and make sure all your drivers and crew have current memberships, then complete any remaining registration payments. Now, at the track, one person only, preferably your Team Captain, should come to Registration. Bring your yellow logbook and/or tech sheet signed by Tech directly to registration.  

Pit Lane Setup- Teams will be allowed to set up their pits between 12PM and 6PM on Friday.  

Camping - Camping is not allowed inside the Indianapolis oval.  If you plan on camping this weekend, you will need to call the campground outside the track owned by the American Legion at 317-244-9625.  Reservations required.  This applies to RVs and tents.  No one is allowed inside the track after 9pm for any reason!

Sponsors - Tire Rack will be on hand to award another $800 gift certificate for tires to a lucky winner and Money Shift Racing will be trackside supporting your need for parts you forgot to pack.  We've also got numerous local companies who have donated items to be given away to race teams.  

ChampCar.Live -  If you will have your own live feed to YouTube, Facebook, or some other site, please share your feed with us by filling out the LiveFeed form at

https://ChampCar.org/livefeed

You can share our live show with friends and family by using the www.ChampCar.live URL. That will take you to the ChampCar.live YouTube page.

A reminder: read through and print out the Supplemental Rules for this event here.

If you have any questions you can contact me here.

We're looking forward to seeing you all in Indianapolis!

The ChampCar Staff   
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, TimS said:

These were some of the answers I got as well as others.  I think everyone understands that the entry fee is the easy part of a race weekend equation.  I hope indy makes it onto the the schedule for 2021

I had contemplated Indy again with my Race team.  But the Border shutdown has basically shut all of our US side racing down.  It's been a relatively slow race.  I know one guy on the team probably wouldn't go in September because when he gets back he'd be out of work for 2 weeks isolating and that's just way too much for him.  

And because Harris Hill, Indy, all other September/October races were scratched from the US side of our schedule we booked other things in Canada.  Too tight on the schedule now to do anything about it.  I've got reason to go to the States myself for something else so I can certainly put up with a quarantine once...

So...If there is a free race come something late in the season It could be me, lol!

On 9/3/2020 at 11:52 AM, Burningham said:

To my knowledge Champcar has never done something like that, no way they pull the plug on a race this close in.

where's the green font, this should be in green font....

• Like 1
3 hours ago, RandomTask said:

Are there garages still available for rent? Who can I email to get one if so?

email dana.morrison@champcar.org.
Always email the event director with these questions. The supps have the event directors contact info.

I don't think people understand how much I hate last minute changes...

There's Always One More Thing. 

There's an added Covid Screening Questionnaire, and updated Pit and Garage Assignments.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

So about Masks - Yes, we are still subject to regulations regarding Covid and that includes Masks. The mask requirements are pretty standard. When you are near groups of people, please wear your mask, it's as simple as that. In private with your team and crew, use your own discretion. Around others, please maintain Social Distancing and wear your mask, pretty normal in today's world.

Indy has asked us to complete a Covid Screening Questionnaire in addition to the waivers. It's a just a quick one-page form with a few questions. The form is here.

We've had some additions and changes to the Pit and Garage assignments.

New Pit Assignments are here.

New Garage Assignments are here.

If you have any questions you can contact me here.

We're looking forward to seeing you all in Indianapolis!

The ChampCar Staff   

15 minutes ago, epic_garage said:

Fuel question. Can the vehicle show up with a full tank of fuel? What about fuel cans can they start full? If not, they full meow, so do we need to dump these? Are they checking trailers when entering???

Bring it full. I did last year. 

• Like 1