Jump to content

Official 2020 - TireRack.com Indy Double-10-Hour Enduro


Bill Strong
 Share

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, epic_garage said:

Fuel question. Can the vehicle show up with a full tank of fuel? What about fuel cans can they start full? If not, they full meow, so do we need to dump these? Are they checking trailers when entering???

There was no checking last year. I think we had a full car and almost a whole day of gas in the trailer. 
 

Note that gasoline expands with temperature... we fueled in the morning and car was sitting in the hot sun on Friday evening and started pushing fuel out the vent. Since then I don’t top it off unless right before a race, normally 2 gallons from full at most if it is sitting for any length of time. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee
3 hours ago, RandomTask said:

... and fuel drums? 

 

 

 

 


The Champcar position is that fuel must be purchased at the track. Thats whats written in the supps

Edited by Burningham
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Burningham said:


The Champcar position is that fuel must be purchased at the track. Thats whats written in the supps

And I'm really curious why. 

We don't have to buy fuel at VIR, Daytona, Road Atlanta or Sebring. But have to pay twice as much to buy it at Indy. 🤨

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

 

Because that's what our contract with the track says 

Right. And why did the series accept that? There is a process called negotiation. I do it regularly with commercial leases, contracts, etc.. It’s called “redlining” a document rather than letting your customers pay 100% more for fuel to race “because that’s what our contract with the track says.”

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Snorman said:

Right. And why did the series accept that? There is a process called negotiation. I do it regularly with commercial leases, contracts, etc.. It’s called “redlining” a document rather than letting your customers pay 100% more for fuel to race “because that’s what our contract with the track says.”

 

Price wasn't double last year. In fact it was so reasonable I said "eh, it beats loading up a truck and driving to a gas station".

 

Also, when you race at Indy the only valid response is

Shut Up And Take My Money! | Memepedia Wiki | Fandom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, enginerd said:

Price wasn't double last year. In fact it was so reasonable I said "eh, it beats loading up a truck and driving to a gas station".

 

Also, when you race at Indy the only valid response is

Shut Up And Take My Money! | Memepedia Wiki | Fandom

Looking at local fuel prices, it’s not quite double. But it would be about $400 more in fuel costs for our Mustang for the weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Snorman said:

Right. And why did the series accept that? There is a process called negotiation. I do it regularly with commercial leases, contracts, etc.. It’s called “redlining” a document rather than letting your customers pay 100% more for fuel to race “because that’s what our contract with the track says.”

 

 

Series might have to decline racing at Indy next year if this doesn't change.  The membership demands reasonable fuel prices.

It's not like 100 cars burning like 10 tanks of gas isn't 1000 tanks of gas to be sold with a decent profit.  Probably more then most gas stations turn in any weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Silverbeast said:

 

Series might have to decline racing at Indy next year if this doesn't change.  The membership demands reasonable fuel prices.

It's not like 100 cars burning like 10 tanks of gas isn't 1000 tanks of gas to be sold with a decent profit.  Probably more then most gas stations turn in any weekend.

Apparently the supps were incorrect and fuel is $2.98/gallon. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Snorman said:

Looking at local fuel prices, it’s not quite double. But it would be about $400 more in fuel costs for our Mustang for the weekend.

Just curious, but if the track is expecting to make some money off the fuel, wouldn't negotiating the fuel costs just make the entry fees more expensive?

 

If it makes entry fees more expensive, if rather just pay for the increase in fuel costs since my car doesn't use as much fuel over a weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Snorman said:

lol...racing next weekend. And 5 weeks after that. And 2 weeks after that. 

That's awesome!  Wish I could do that!  Good luck.  That's a lot of logistics!  Are you guys trying to copy f1?  Lol

 

Anything exciting happening on tech day today?

Edited by wvumtnbkr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

That's awesome!  Wish I could do that!  Good luck.  That's a lot of logistics!  Are you guys trying to copy f1?  Lol

 

Anything exciting happening on tech day today?

We had planned 7 races this year (6 CCES and 1 WRL). We've been lucky to have all of the CCES races even though the schedules changed. We had to cancel our plans to run WRL because it was too close to PBIR next week. If the series still had the Sebring December race this year we'd be there too. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Turn 8 layout is different than the supps.  Looks like there's a new curb on the inside significantly narrowing the track and increasing the turn acuity. If you're getting in for your first laps on a hot track today be mindful that it's different from last year.  Any other changes we can't see from our limited sight lines?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

https://youtu.be/Maeaht5vEBM

 

 

What I was singing about 5 laps into my first stint today. 

 

Lol - had the same misfortune last year at Indy.  Apparently our cordless impact can tighten a wheel to last about 90 minutes at Indy.

2 minutes ago, turbogrill said:

How won yesterday? Was it that Corvette? Is that 500pts, seems like they start with some laps down.

Yes they won.  They were 9 laps ahead of second place.  I was not there though there was definitely some serious question as to whether it was a 500 point car.

Edited by mostmint
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...