Bill Strong

Official 2020 - Daytona Beach Independence 14-Hour - UPDATED - July 5

15 hours ago, jbbugs said:

So, Is this race still a Go?

Not for April it isn't....     remember when I suggested a while back we run on July 4th weekend..  lol

The April 2020 ChampCar Daytona race is postponed.

So this is probably not a big shock to anyone, but Daytona International Speedway has had to make the difficult decision to postpone all events in April.

We have already opened discussions about a new date, we actually began that conversation this morning during our call about the postponement, and the Track has already begun looking at dates for us. However, we cannot lock anything in until DIS is able to start hosting events again, and ChampCar can determine a workable date that fits our calendar. As with the other races, we will keep you informed as we learn more.

For the time being, and so we are not completely swamped with administrative work, we'd like to leave all the registrations in-place for the event. If your team needs to cancel now or you cannot make the future make-up date we can issue your race credits.

I know this is a short email, and please excuse any typos. I'm traveling home from Military duty and literally writing this from the side of the road. But I wanted to get this information out to you as soon as I could.

In the meantime, we hope you and your families remain safe and healthy.

If you have any questions about your registration please contact Katherine Miller here. katherine.miller@champcar.org

Any other general questions about the Daytona race please contact me here. dana.morrison@champcar.org

Thanks very much!   

We're looking forward to seeing you all in Florida when this passes.

The ChampCar Staff  

• Sad 1

For what it’s worth..I understand that a make-up date for 2020 will be next to impossible to schedule at Daytona. Can we ask ISC to give us a date at Talladega instead?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, housejoe said:

For what it’s worth..I understand that a make-up date for 2020 will be next to impossible to schedule at Daytona. Can we ask ISC to give us a date at Talladega instead?

Another group who had an event scheduled for the week before the CCES race rescheduled to June. So hopefully CCES can get a date as well. 

I would think that CCES would do everything possible to reschedule one of the biggest and most well-attended races they have each year. 🙁

On 3/20/2020 at 7:11 PM, housejoe said:

For what it’s worth..I understand that a make-up date for 2020 will be next to impossible to schedule at Daytona. 

Not sure where you are getting your info.   I rescheduled with the track in about 3 emails.    

And Daytona likes us. they are going to work us in and make it fit our schedule too.

• Like 3

July 4, 2020
DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: 14 Hour Enduro, $1475
Daytona, FL
"The 14 Hours of Daytona"
Early Pay Discount Ends: May 5, 2020
Entrant List
Download Supplemental Rules and Event Info

Yep, you read that right, we are racing July 4th at Daytona!
26251fe7-56a5-41c1-b5e5-bef0bd1897eb.jpg

So raise your hand if you remember when there was a Firecracker 400. We are racing on the 4th of July at Daytona International Speedway, you're welcome..

As I said in my earlier email, we actually began working on a new date the moment we had to postpone. and we want to thank DIS for working so quickly to help us secure the new date. We just had to wait a bit to ensure we could do it, before we announced it.

Ok, the caveat here. The Corona virus is still a thing. I'm sure you all know that, we certainly do. Your health and safety is as important to us (to me) as any of our friends and family, because you guys are our friends and family. So, could circumstances change again? Yes, they certainly could. But we are eternal optimists and planning to race!

What does this mean in the right now? If you were registered, you are still registered. If you are on the wait list, you are still on the same wait list. I still have your pit and garage requests, and I will continue to work those assignments.

If you cannot make the new date send an email to both Katherine and me, we will credit you or reassign you as per usual.

We will update the Supplemental Rules with the new dates, but you can expect the times for each day to remain the same.

So we certainly hope this is good news for you and we look forward to seeing you in Daytona!

If you have any questions about your registration please contact Katherine Miller here.

Any other general questions about the Daytona race please contact me here.

Thanks very much!   

We're looking forward to seeing you all in Florida to celebrate our Independence Day!

The ChampCar Staff  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoparBoyy said:

so... July 4th at Daytona and the following weekend July 11th at PBIR?   yikes.

Really, we did many many 2 and 3 weekend in a row races. Hell, I did Sebring and Pittsburgh back to back. That was fun.

35 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

That was fun.

Fully planning on both Daytona and PBIR.....Can you please add a hair on fire emoji 🤯

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember when someone here suggested we race Daytona July 4th when NASCAR left town on that weekend....   (Hint:  It was me...)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, gsmith2424 said:

This might be the hottest race for Champ since the second ever VIR 24 Hour.

Was that the race where we paddocked in the "other" paddock?  

If so, I remember that.  It was my first vir 24.  Our ex up melted into the asphalt. 

It was freaking crazy hot.  My shoes delaminated while walking around.

• Like 1

Ok, well, the sticker is cool at least!

I'm gonna need that vector file of the winged e30

Edited by Huggy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Huggy said:

Ok, well, the sticker is cool at least!

I'm gonna need that vector file of the winged e30

copyright 2020 ChampCar Endurance Series

:)

Daytona Event Hotel 

Here's your reservation link your guests can use to make reservations:

Book your group rate for ChampCar Endurance Team

You will find the information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.

Event Summary:

ChampCar Endurance Team

Start Date: Thursday, July 2, 2020

End Date: Sunday, July 5, 2020

Last Day to Book: Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Hotel(s) offering your special group rate:

• Fairfield Inn & Suites Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport for 129 USD per night

Book your group rate for ChampCar Endurance Team

23 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Was that the race where we paddocked in the "other" paddock?  

If so, I remember that.  It was my first vir 24.  Our ex up melted into the asphalt. 

It was freaking crazy hot.  My shoes delaminated while walking around.

Yes it was. Also the same one where we got double booked with karts and had a two hour delay due to track change and power outage due to a thunderstorm.