Jump to content

2020 - Sahlen's Champ Yard Dog at the Glen - Now June 26-28


Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

Can't you use the tyres at another event if the Glen is cancelled?

 

That is the plan.  They will get used up somehow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to thank you guys for all the helpful ideas. ChampCar event directors and staff have not been sitting still during the COVID-19 event. We have been working behind the scenes with PPE supp

""It's basically a mathematical formula," Cuomo said Tuesday.    So if it's anything like the MR2/E30/944 swap weight we should be good to race, right?

I'm glad you guys brought this up, it reminded me to put something out about it.   So the morning sessions, we will allow passengers in the car with point-bye passing only. Couple of things

Posted Images

Of course, if one could defer an expense in these uncertain times that may be more preferable. 

 

We are not all in the same boat... but we are weathering the same storm. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

If you happen to get close to the Canadian border, but not at the border crossing, you may be able to pick up some of our northern friends!

 

Put your thumb out on I-95 and I’ll drop by and pick you up too. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If not come to Charlotte and ride along and drive. I’m going solo at this point. Chris H is planning to go as well and maybe I can convince him and his guys to help and drive too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

WGI is still closed and the Governor had previously expended the stay at home to May 15th.  Anyone heard anything new?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jer said:

WGI is still closed and the Governor had previously expended the stay at home to May 15th.  Anyone heard anything new?

 

It's all going to come down to the governors next update whenever that is.  nobody knows what he'll open, but that's going to decide the fate. Champcar won't cancel unless the track cancels, and the track won't cancel unless the state makes them.  

 

There is a scenario where the race happens and canadians can't get in.

Edited by theblue
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today Cuomo announced NYS schools will be closed through to the end of the school year (which would have been 26-June). Given this pace, I would be surprised if larger gatherings, especially those attracting inter-state travel, would be on the cards for Memorial Day. That said, given the litigation/insurance situation neither CCES or WGI can cancel before the official word from the state, so we will remain in limbo until then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DEE DEE said:

Can't you use the tyres at another event if the Glen is cancelled?

 

I think he was alluding to the fact that he has now jinxed the event to be canceled due to buying tires lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2020 at 12:14 PM, TimS said:

No new info. I tried to book a hotel room nearby but would not complete reservation. 

 

 

There are nice showers and bathrooms at WGI. There are two of them located across from the bus stop chicane and across from the pyramid building.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

 

 

There are nice showers and bathrooms at WGI. There are two of them located across from the bus stop chicane and across from the pyramid building.

 

Might be only option at this point. Reminds me of the “good old days “ of racing. Sleeping in the back of my old explorer at the track and a two water bottle shower after the race. 👍

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TimS said:

 

Might be only option at this point. Reminds me of the “good old days “ of racing. Sleeping in the back of my old explorer at the track and a two water bottle shower after the race. 👍

 

After I posted that up, I thought I sounded kinda dickish. sorry.
It may be some peoples only option as New York opens up or some sectors stay shut.

We have a meeting with the track on Tuesday. Once I get the notes and instructions from that I will post them up here, and on the SUPPS.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

We look forward to hearing those instructions.

 

If there was anyway they would permit entry on the Thursday for tech and registration it could go a long way to spread out and lower the risk from the annual Friday morning logjam of people.

 

Whatever the requirements, we will do our best to make it work. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cbhaywood said:

We look forward to hearing those instructions.

 

If there was anyway they would permit entry on the Thursday for tech and registration it could go a long way to spread out and lower the risk from the annual Friday morning logjam of people.

 

Whatever the requirements, we will do our best to make it work. 

 

That would indeed be helpful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

 

After I posted that up, I thought I sounded kinda dickish. sorry.

 

 

No worries I'm a big boy.  These are hard times and I always enjoy the back and forth.  Keep it up.  

I think I'm part of a huge group that wants this event go as scheduled. We will figure out all the logistics later.  Keep up the good work and stay safe.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2020 at 1:23 PM, theblue said:

 

It's all going to come down to the governors next update whenever that is.  nobody knows what he'll open, but that's going to decide the fate. Champcar won't cancel unless the track cancels, and the track won't cancel unless the state makes them.  

 

There is a scenario where the race happens and canadians can't get in.

I am afraid, it's gonna be very hard for us canadian to come to this race ! It suck. For me it's a fantastic event ! So cool to see hundreds of passionate racer !

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a snapshot of the Canadian Teams issues. Right here I'll mention that I'm the Canadian spectator ( thinking about volunteering) not a team. So , 20 days away from raceday, we're not sure that the race is happening or not. This last statement isn't a complaint, we all know decisions need to come first from N.Y. State, then from the track owners, then from Champcar. We Canadians have the additional need for decisions to be made by the U.S. and Canadian Federal Governments on the opening of the U.S.- Canada Border for non essential travel. That decision isn't scheduled to be made until May 21, 2 days before race day. On the chance that the race gets the green light from the U.S. groups involved and the Border is opened to recreational and tourism travel, we are more than likely going to have new guidelines to follow when we return from travel to the U.S. When travelling from State to State I'm pretty sure that you're not being tracked. As we use our passports to travel to the U.S., there is documented evidence of where we have been. If the two Federal governments decide that non essential travel comes with a 14 day self isolation or quarantine period, that seem like a lot to ask for a 2 day race event. I hope the race happens, but I have the feeling that I'll be watching it from home, online.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reluctantly VBB had to withdraw due to various issues with the drivers and crew. Hoping the race still happens and everyone stays safe! I'll enjoy watching the battle that inevitably will ensue with such a large number of great teams. Racing this bucket list track with my car will have to wait another year, unfortunately.

Working towards whenever's the next time I'll be able to race.

Edited by Slugworks Paul
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slugworks Paul said:

Reluctantly VBB had to withdraw due to various issues with the drivers and crew. Hoping the race still happens and everyone stays safe! I'll enjoy watching the battle that inevitably will ensue with such a large number of great teams. Racing this bucket list track with my car will have to wait another year, unfortunately.

Working towards whenever's the next time I'll be able to race.

Disappointing,  but understandable...

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hurljohn said:

@Bill Strong sorry in advance if this has been asked previously.   Is the graphic you posted in update available on a t shirt?

 

 

Yes. It will be available at the event. It will not have a date on the shirt as when we made them we were not 100% certain the race would happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

It looks very promising so far.

Cuomo noted that the state would follow the phased reopening, recommended by the White House, outlining what each would look like.

Cuomo said Phase 1 would be reserved for manufacturing, construction and businesses that are “the most essential and the lowest risk;” Phase 2 would be focused on real estate and administrative functions; Phase 3 would include restaurants reopening; and Phase 4 would include arts, entertainment, sports and education.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...