Bill Strong

Official 2020 - Duel at COTA - Circuit of the Americas Double-8-Hour

COTA Update...

1. ChampCar.Live can do a full broadcast from the event. 

2. We will be posting up a Circuit of the Americas Track Waiver that everyone planning on entering the event must print out, sign, and bring with you. You will hand it to the gate person. This waiver will be your Golden Ticket to get INTO the event. Without your signed waiver, you will not be allowed into the property. NO EXCEPTIONS.

More info will be released soon. We await the waiver from the COTA Legal Department.

3. more to follow as Chelsey gets the info to me.

On 5/2/2020 at 1:57 PM, Bill Strong said:

We also have a meeting with them on Mo0nday.

Its 🌙day,  hoping for some good news!  

So much awesome.  Can't wait to tow to Austin!!!

Updated supps... V6

https://champcar.org/register/supplementalrules/414.pdf

Waiver and Wristbands:   In order to enter the facility, every competitor, crew, and family members must pre- print and sign the waiver form. This will be your ticket to enter the event. You will not be allowed to enter the facility without this waiver. LINK TO WAIVER COMING SOON.

NO SHORTS or OPEN TOED SHOES ALLOWED. Everyone along pit lane on the cold and hot side must be in long pants and closed toed shoes. No exceptions.

No early Move-in on Thursday as the Ferrari Club has that date.

Race Morning drivers meeting will be held via the track loud speaker system. All teams will stay in their pit stalls for this meeting.
Any questions will be relayed to an ChampCar official who will relay the question to Race Control Staff. 
This is subject to change.

Awards Ceremony will not take place. Sorry. The procedures for picking up your event prizes will be posted closer to the event.

There will be no "New to ChampCar / Novice / Crew"  Meeting. Please review the YouTube Video - 

• Thanks 1

I may have missed the info somewhere, but we don't have any track time on Friday for Practice? I see only the time slot for the track walk, but no driving?

16 minutes ago, Karkai6 said:

I may have missed the info somewhere, but we don't have any track time on Friday for Practice? I see only the time slot for the track walk, but no driving?

Nope. No track day.

• Sad 1

Don’t think I’ll be sharing a pit stall or garage with “Liquid Ass Racing”.  

2 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

Nope. No track day.

Ah that sucks, but I guess at least we are racing! I never thought COTA would go ahead, so yeah beggers can't be choosers!

34 minutes ago, Luckyontheducky said:

Can anyone rent/loan me a pitbike for the weekend?  Just something to zip back and forth to the RV.

If you mean human powered, I should have two with me so just come by and grab it and let one of us know you have.  Other than getting up the hill, it's not a bad ride back to the rv.

3 minutes ago, Luckyontheducky said:

Gas powered, please.

We'll see if we have room in the trailer.

Do you have a good number for the track to call about rv spots?  The one I have a few years ago doesn't connect to a human. Website says still closed so I may just have to wait until next month.

Edited by Burningham

So, trying to make final plans...

Has it been confirmed that Yes - we ARE RACING?

Or is it just lack of a cancellation notice that we are banking on here?

I live in Austin, and there is a lot of confusion as to what can/can't be open.

Can we get an update please?

• Thanks 1

Still on. Meeting with the track on Friday. From what I understand, a final yes/no will be made. 
That's all the news we have.

It's official COTA is opening up for business on June 3. The ChampCar event is a go!

Please let's get teams signed up and paid in full. Covid-19 procedures are being approved by the track and will be added to the supps next week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wink said:

@Bill Strong FB says Double 10 in a few places, is that the case?

should be fixed. its a double-8

Maybe it was just wishful thinking when it was typed in.  A double ten would have been awesome. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

It's official COTA is opening up for business on June 3. The ChampCar event is a go!

Please let's get teams signed up and paid in full. Covid-19 procedures are being approved by the track and will be added to the supps next week.

Hot damn!  I'll race in a space suit if that's what it takes.

It's on like Donkey Kong!!  Thanks for the update, Bill!!

• Like 1

What about track limits? Are we doing MX-5 Cup style where it's fine as long as more or less stay within the property?  Or do we have to be inside the track marks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, turbogrill said:

What about track limits? Are we doing MX-5 Cup style where it's fine as long as more or less stay within the property?  Or do we have to be inside the track marks?

It's a good question.  In watching spec Miata racing, they run outside the curbing widely at a couple of corners.