POSTPONED Official 2020 - Canadian Tire Motorsport Park Double-7-Hour at CTMP

Bill Strong

• Administrators

CTMP-OutlinesWhiteBG-POSTPONED.png

https://champcar.org/mainweb/event-notifications/candian-tire-motorsports-park-double-7-hour-enduro-postponed/

After a meeting with CTMP track management, ChampCar event director Carl Wener has announced that the CTMP event scheduled for June 13 and 14, 2020 has been postponed. ChampCar is working with the track to secure a new event date.

In the meantime, ChampCar has offered to transfer your CTMP event entry to the new date, or to the August 22-23, 2020 Calabogie event. Email carlwener@hotmail.com with any event transfer or refund questions.

June 13-June 14, 2020
CANADIAN TIRE MOTORSPORT PARK (MOSPORT): Double 7 Enduros, $1300
Bowmanville, ON
"Perry Performance Competition Enduro at CTMP"
Early Pay Discount Ends: April 14, 2020
Entrant List
Download Supplemental Rules and Event Info

Friday Practice Day run by Infinite Motorsports
https://www.infinitemotorsports.ca/events/track-day-june-12th-2020/

Infinite Motorsports High Performance Driving Event
Register online at www.infinitemotorsports.ca
Event day check-in/registration opens at 8am in the Event Centre
Teams will get special wristbands
Driver meeting 8:30am is mandatory for all participants
Pricing and description:
Early bird registration (before March 1st) of $599 per 4 driver team.  That's $150 (plus tax) each driver for the day!
After March 1st pricing is $699 plus tax per 4 driver team (1 car) That's $175 (plus tax) each driver for the day!
Includes:  
Lapping in a Chump-specific run group (over 2 hours of lapping for the day)
Lunch included for 4 drivers, additional lunch @ $20 per person
Benefits:  
Test & Tune 
For those new to the track, a chance to get the layout of the track sorted before the race weekend
Instructors available to answer any questions and provide tips for faster lapping
Early set-up in your Pit Box (3pm)
Teams that have registered for the day will be permitted to set up their trailers in Paddock #1 in the middle section and lower section by the washrooms
Teams that have NOT registered for the day will be permitted to set up in Paddock #2 or Paddock #5
After 5pm, teams can set up their trailers in Paddock #1
CTMP Site Map here
Lower classroom will be available for Champcar staff for registration and gear check
Tech Inspection can take place in Paddock #2 or Paddock #5
Registered Teams can setup Pit Areas at 3pm; NON Registered Teams are permitted to setup Pit Area at 4:30pm

Entries for Perry Performance Competition Enduro at CTMP

Updated 5/19/2020    Limited to 60 entries

Team Name Car # Year Make Model
1.   Acura 4 Now 524 2007 Acura TSX
2.   Blitzkrieg Racing 242 2001 BMW 325ci
3.   LAPS OF HONOR 13 1990 CHEVY CORVETTE
4.   MiElan 150 1990 Mazda Miata
5.   MiElan Plus 2 5 1990 Mazda Miata
6.   NO BUDGET RACING 57 1990 honda civic
7.   Over Engineered Motorsports 144 1994 Toyota Celica GT
8.   PADDOCK MOTOR CLUB 68 1997 HONDA CIVIC
9.   Red Green Racing 31 1992 BMW 325i
10.   Safety 3rd Motorsports 869 1993 BMW E36 325
11.   TWOth Autosport 522 1992 Honda Civic
12.   TWOth Autosport II 822 2007 Honda Civic Si
13.   Visceral Racing Group 918 1987 Porsche 944S
14.   Wheelhouse Racing 627 2003 Nissan Maxima
15.   Yoda Sport 317 1987 BMW 325is
16.   Zundfolge / Ultraraymotorsports.com 514 1988 Porsche 924

CTMP-OutlinesWhiteBGv2.png

On 1/14/2020 at 4:02 PM, BollingerChump said:

I know we are way out from this event; wondering if there's going to be a practice day Friday or not for travel/planning purposes

historically there has not been practice days. There is a slight possibility another group might have a track rental before hand, but don’t count on it.

Hey everyone, just FYI a group called Infinite Motorsports has the track for June 12th. Some of the organizers have run with, and/or currently field cars in Champ/other enduro-series. This will be a perfect venue for testing. Find them on instagram @infinite_motorsports, or www.infinitemotorsports.ca. Cheers!

• Like 3

Thanks craz azn

It's true!  We're hosting the lapping day on Friday June 12th and have made it an "Intermediate/Advanced" day only, leaving a run group open just for Champcar race teams.

The information will be coming to you soon in your supps detail.  We'll have early bird pricing that includes lapping for 4 drivers (1 car) in the dedicated run group, catered lunch for 4 team members (more are welcome of course) and instruction at an additional fee if you'd like it.

Keep an eye out for it and, in the meantime, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send us an email at info@infinitemotorsports.ca

The Infinite Motorsports Team

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Infinite Motorsports said:

Thanks craz azn

It's true!  We're hosting the lapping day on Friday June 12th and have made it an "Intermediate/Advanced" day only, leaving a run group open just for Champcar race teams.

The information will be coming to you soon in your supps detail.  We'll have early bird pricing that includes lapping for 4 drivers (1 car) in the dedicated run group, catered lunch for 4 team members (more are welcome of course) and instruction at an additional fee if you'd like it.

Keep an eye out for it and, in the meantime, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send us an email at info@infinitemotorsports.ca

The Infinite Motorsports Team

This is awesome!!! Thank you for doing this.  As a two car team bringing in 5 US drivers with no experience paired with 3 Canadian  Ringers, we are stoked to get some time on track before the race!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hotchkis23 said:

This is awesome!!! Thank you for doing this.  As a two car team bringing in 5 US drivers with no experience paired with 3 Canadian  Ringers, we are stoked to get some time on track before the race!

We're thrilled to be able to have a day that coincides with a race weekend.  We support the racing community 100% (being former and current racers ourselves!)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Rich said:

https://www.thestar.com/autos/opinion/2020/04/10/bleak-outlook-for-racing-in-2020.html

😔

I think we will be lucky to be racing in August.

If this race happens dont expect any US people up here. 

I hope this can also be rescheduled to fall

+1

Not to be pessimistic but I can’t see any this event taking place.  As a Canadian, I feel we understand social distancing and the importance of it just to reduce risk.  Watching the poop show of the US leader and individual state governments who are equally clueless, I hope we keep the border closed except for essential services, until a vaccine is discovered and rolled out.

I don't have a crystal ball and I'm not an analyst of any kind but Canadians seem to have been doing a good job at the social distancing

and self isolation thing. The schedule at CTMP includes many things that are light on spectators if not actually devoid of spectators. In the

interest of getting the economy lightly push started certain businesses (possibly CTMP) may be able to hold limited capacity events🤞

As mentioned in the article, the bigger problem will be with the border. Since Champcar is U.S. run with no Canadian organizers, if they can't

get across the border, the event's not going to happen. 

10 hours ago, oblio125 said:

I don't have a crystal ball and I'm not an analyst of any kind but Canadians seem to have been doing a good job at the social distancing

and self isolation thing. The schedule at CTMP includes many things that are light on spectators if not actually devoid of spectators. In the

interest of getting the economy lightly push started certain businesses (possibly CTMP) may be able to hold limited capacity events🤞

As mentioned in the article, the bigger problem will be with the border. Since Champcar is U.S. run with no Canadian organizers, if they can't

get across the border, the event's not going to happen. 

This race is Organized  and run by Canadians not the U.S.  group.

10 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

This race is Organized  and run by Canadians not the U.S.  group.

My bad. I guess I should have collected all the facts before I spoke. I really hope this event can happen but I still feel

that crossing the border for tourism and recreation is going to be an issue for a while.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, addbhp said:

+1

Not to be pessimistic but I can’t see any this event taking place.  As a Canadian, I feel we understand social distancing and the importance of it just to reduce risk.  Watching the poop show of the US leader and individual state governments who are equally clueless, I hope we keep the border closed except for essential services, until a vaccine is discovered and rolled out.

Your borders may be closed for a very, very long time if your waiting for a vaccine.

• Like 3