Bill Strong

POSTPONED Official 2020 - Canadian Tire Motorsport Park Double-7-Hour at CTMP

It’s difficult to say what will happen. The event has Canadian organizers (Perry Performance and Competition) So if the US border is still closed that won’t really matter. Yes, it might be a reduced car count but that would be expected with what has happened.

i am a little more concerned if the local-ish teams will have $$$ to go racing. How many teams had members with job losses? Or temp lay-offs?

After reading a bit about the extension of the boarder closing to non-essential crossings, it would seem less and less likely that we will be able to get to this one.  :(    Like everything right now, its wait and see.  

• Sad 1

I'm gonna be real surprised if US teams can get across the border.  We entered, but anticipate having to move that entry given the current situation.  A shame if the event happens and teams just can't get there.  Oh well..hope we can get back there next year, we were really looking forward to running this one!

Ford is reportedly going to ask for State of Emergency to be extended to June 2nd. Gonna be cutting it close with this one too.

If the event is on, 1 car or 50 cars we are going.

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1

I am just crying over and over, repeatedly throughout the day, every day. 

2 cars is a race. 

• Sad 1

Speed Therapy  has a track day May 22nd and are waiting to hear if it's still on. Hopefully good news comes to them. 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Speed Therapy  has a track day May 22nd and are waiting to hear if it's still on. Hopefully good news comes to them. 

We just got word that Track Junkies events are now a go in Alberta starting with one on May 18th.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2020 at 4:39 PM, thewheelerZ said:

This looks like good news:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/article-woodbine-racetrack-looking-to-restart-horse-racing-from-june-5/

Woodbine is a local Toronto horse racing track. 

And the province being addicted to the gambling money has nothing to do with that :)    I did get an email from Calabogie saying they're open for track days.

The border is the big if.  

6 minutes ago, mcewena said:

And the province being addicted to the gambling money has nothing to do with that :)    I did get an email from Calabogie saying they're open for track days.

The border is the big if.  

Border Schmorder.  I dont need no stinking yankees to go get my racing fix! 😜

Government has included "individual sports where social distancing can be practiced... such as car and motorcycle racing" on the list of allowed activities as part of the phase in.

1 minute ago, thewheelerZ said:

Border Schmorder.  I dont need no stinking yankees to go get my racing fix! 😜

As long as they send their transponders and trophies...

Racetracks are officially allowed to re open May 19th. That doesn't mean they will be open right away. They will all have social distance rules.

Perry/Champcar I assume is talking with Mosport as they said " stay tuned"

Calabogie is already starting their lapping days after the 19th

• Like 2

Hey racers,

We've been given the go ahead for our June 12th lapping day, if that's any help.  I know the regulations might be a little different for actual racing however if they don't allow spectators I'm not sure why your race weekend couldn't go ahead.  By now I would imagine you all would stand on your heads if that meant you could get out racing, so continued social distancing shouldn't be an issue 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Aaaaand we got shut down again. Seems somebody thinks the local track is holding horse racing as they appear to be citing Liquor and Gaming commission regs as their reason.

Golf courses are open, which makes sense because the people who make these decisions haven't been allowed to use their memberships yet this year. Too bad some of them weren't racers.

• Sad 1

Border closed to non-essential traffic for another 30 days.... :(   Looks like if this one goes its going to be all on the shoulders of Canadian teams (mini Canadian Championship).

Wheelhouse Signed up today.  Lets go guys, fill the rosters, lets make this one happen!

• Like 1

Well it looks like no long tow for us with the latest news of no border for another 30 days. The crew was really looking forward to the trip and chance to race up north.

If it happens I hope all of you Canadian teams have a great time. Looks like our racing continues on hold until Gingerman.

Maybe it will be on the 2021 calendar again.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, mender said:

Aaaaand we got shut down again. Seems somebody thinks the local track is holding horse racing as they appear to be citing Liquor and Gaming commission regs as their reason.

Golf courses are open, which makes sense because the people who make these decisions haven't been allowed to use their memberships yet this year. Too bad some of them weren't racers.

Sorry where was this posted I can't find anything online.

I saw an Article posted today May 19th that says individual sports can resume . 

And we aren't on the entry list yet but we will be there 

Edited by Rich

44 minutes ago, Rich said:

Sorry where was this posted I can't find anything online.

I saw an Article posted today May 19th that says individual sports can resume . 

And we aren't on the entry list yet but we will be there 

He is from Alberta. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

He is from Alberta. 

Sorry, yes, it's Alberta. Just following up on what I reported last week.

https://champcar.org/mainweb/event-notifications/candian-tire-motorsports-park-double-7-hour-enduro-postponed/

After a meeting with CTMP track management, ChampCar event director Carl Wener has announced that the CTMP event scheduled for June 13 and 14, 2020 has been postponed. ChampCar is working with the track to secure a new event date.

In the meantime, ChampCar has offered to transfer your CTMP event entry to the new date, or to the August 22-23, 2020 Calabogie event. Email carlwener@hotmail.com with any event transfer or refund questions.

• Like 2

Racers,

So sorry to hear this race weekend has been postponed.  On an upside, for those still looking to get in some track time and to test 'n' tune their cars, we still have space in a run group available to you at our Friday June 12th lapping day. 

Some of you have registered for the 12th already and, given this change in the schedule, if you would prefer to cancel your registration it's no trouble at all.  Please contact jennifer@infinitemotorsports.ca 

Looking forward to hearing the new date for the CTMP race!

• Thanks 1